Cordy Glenn Situation

TheVillain112

9 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I mean...I'm not surprised an OL player and Jim Turner (most likely) got into it.  Sigh...

Can we just get rid of both after this year?  No real hard feelings on Glenn's part and I don't begrudge him taking his time coming back from a concussion, but that money could be spent elsewhere (at least in an alternative reality where the Bengals spend money).  Turner can just go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Can we just get rid of both after this year?  No real hard feelings on Glenn's part and I don't begrudge him taking his time coming back from a concussion, but that money could be spent elsewhere (at least in an alternative reality where the Bengals spend money).  Turner can just go.

This is 100% where I'm at...

• Like 2

Cordy will be gone next year.  Turner needs to go too (even assuming he had no involvement in this, which i doubt).

I mean, i get how this could happen.  It's not shocking that coaches who are coaching for their jobs next year are trying to push their best Tackle back on the field when they're down to their 4th or 5th one.

But man, what a dumpster fire.

20 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The Bengals are just lulling you into a false sense of security.  They will always find a way to win when it's most detrimental to the team and the fan base.

I agree they'll get a win when we're not expecting it.  But that generally doesn't happen when the teams best perceived lineman gets into with the staff during practice, and the star receiver sits out again even though he looks completely healthy.  The team can't really be in a healthy mindset right now.

Also, the Jags aren't in coasting mode.  They just lost a tough one to the Saints, and need a way to stay relevant in their division.  They aren't going to look past the Bengals.

51 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The Bengals are just lulling you into a false sense of security.  They will always find a way to win when it's most detrimental to the team and the fan base.

That usually comes the last week of the season so Mike Brown can claim we're turning the corner, just need to stay the course, don't change horses midstream, etc. That leads to us going to war with what we have (and lots more losing). 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm fine firing Zac Taylor if he wants to go down with that ship.  He's 100% adamant on Jim Turner despite zero evidence that he's even a good OL coach...

Right now I'm of the opinion that Marvin Lewis was way better at hiring assistant coaches. But then again, he wasn't hiring his in March usually. 

I'll be interested to see what he does with his coaches come this off-season.