HolmesPriest

Time To Trade Watkins?

Does anyone even want Watkins?  Or are we even gonna get anything that will help?  I don’t think those answers are yes 

The problem is, is his value isn't exactly high right now. Would've been great to try to get someone to buy high when he started the season on fire, but with him injured again, the reasons he seems tradeable to us are also reasons other teams won't want to trade much for him.

I would consider it if I was Veach. We need help at all 3 levels(DL, LB, CB) of the defense.

Ideally he finishes the year strong and we can trade him prior to the draft. Even then it may be tough because it wouldn’t be surprising to see him cut for cap reasons. 

At his age, contract , and injury history, I doubt if he is even tradeable. He has had his moments, but the body is too fragile.

J

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

At his age, contract , and injury history, I doubt if he is even tradeable. He has had his moments, but the body is too fragile.

J

And psyche. I think he makes a lot of business decisions regarding every ding he has

If we could get something for him then absolutely, yes. I find it very doubtful though, as others have said. 

Need to get him healthy and just play him. With him on the field healty this offense (Mahomes healthy and back) is basically unstoppable. I think at this point, the main focus is to get guys healthy and work on defense in the mean time.

This team, when healthy and the defense playing half as well as last night; is a serious SB contender. But, and big but, the defense has to continue to grow.