the peck boys versus the kizer 2019 exclusive (MNF): the inaugural damarea crockett showcase + return of incomparable tony brown part TROIS

FinneasGage

i'm tired of this  

50 members have voted

1. 1. whos gonna make sure nothing bad happens to the cheese

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

What did Tony do on the links?  I didn't hear...

Played himself into contention to make the cut on the PGA tour after a great round on Thursday. Laid an egg on Friday and missed the cut, but still quite the accomplishment for a retired NFL QB. 

Rodgers was good against both Philly and Dallas, and has been great these past 2 weeks against the Lions and Raiders. Starting to click more with this offense as they get more games and more reps under their belt

Get Davante back, Sternberger gonna add some spark to the TE group, and hopefully Gutey can add a player like Sanders or maybe Sanu to give them another reliable target and let's see this offense really cook

Offense is coming together, and Rodgers playing extending minutes with WR's not named Adams should help in the long run.

I sure hope that missing Savage is the primary reason for the giant holes that are now showing up in the secondary.  Today's scheme looked to be straight out of the Capers playbook where opposing receivers are turned loose in a zone where nobody in particular is waiting to pick them up. This game was very close to being a shootout rather than a blowout.

29 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That was Rodgers best game in a long time, and one of his best ever.  He was awesome.  I thought the offense in general looked phenomenal .. quite creative, and Rodgers seems to have mastered it.  LaFleur is proving to be a strong hire.

Rodgers looked like his old self.  But he didn't have to do much, if at all, outside of the scheme.  

It was really fun watching him operate within an offense and absolutely crush it.  Props to both he and Matt LF.  That was masterclass.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That was Rodgers best game in a long time, and one of his best ever.  He was awesome.  I thought the offense in general looked phenomenal .. quite creative, and Rodgers seems to have mastered it.  LaFleur is proving to be a strong hire.

And we'll only be better when #17 returns.

I had to look up the stats to see how the receivers piled up a total of 429 yards. Even if you take away the 133 yards from MVS, that's 296 yards with nobody else having a monster day. Here's the breakdown: 

MVS 133

Graham 65

Kumerow 54

Vitale 43

Lazard 42

Allison 33

Jones 33

Williams 26

So even the #8 guy had 26. I don't think that happens very often. Graham still looks slow, but I'm beginning to think they can get by with an old-fashioned plodding tight end. Kumerow is what he's always been, which is a #4 or #5 WR who has the QB's trust and will make a play for you every once in awhile. That is fine, although it somehow has made him a controversial player in the alternative universe that is this board. Vitale is a former TE who has found a niche sneaking out of the backfield for the occasional big play. Lazard had a drop but also had a really nice catch, and the Packers killed the Raiders with those passes to the RBs. What a performance by all of the pass catchers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I couldn’t GDT today because no OTA broadcast for me. I watched on Gamepass and followed along the GDT because I hate myself. 

Why didn’t anyone mention the glorious return of Tony Brown almost getting a penalty on STs?  It’s why we won, after all. 

It got a brief mention along the lines of "that's what tony brown brings to the team"