the peck boys versus the kizer 2019 exclusive (MNF): the inaugural damarea crockett showcase + return of incomparable tony brown part TROIS

FinneasGage

i'm tired of this  

50 members have voted

1. 1. whos gonna make sure nothing bad happens to the cheese

Something for the defence and it’s woes today. Gruden called a hell of a game. Jacobs is the real deal and that Oline is good. The raiders have some sneaky TEs and used them well today. I won’t beat on the D that bad cause the Raiders came to play. That turnover was huge and our offensive play was great.  

I have posted it a few times. AR is at his best when he uses everyone. His short throws were very good today. 

• Like 1

How much credit do we give the defense for keeping this from being a shoot-out? They had 3 redzone turnovers this afternoon.  They also held the Raiders to a FG on their first drive, I think that also got to the redzone.  I think they only forced one punt though, which is not good. 

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

How much credit do we give the defense for keeping this from being a shoot-out? They had 3 redzone turnovers this afternoon.  They also held the Raiders to a FG on their first drive, I think that also got to the redzone.  I think they only forced one punt though, which is not good. 

They were not good today, but at least they did stiffen in the redzone a few times.  The big game changer was the fumble into the endzone by Carr.  Without that this game could have been tight,  The Raiders defense had absolutely no answer for Rodgers, so we were getting a win today one way or another.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

They were not good today, but at least they did stiffen in the redzone a few times.  The big game changer was the fumble into the endzone by Carr.  Without that this game could have been tight,  The Raiders defense had absolutely no answer for Rodgers, so we were getting a win today one way or another.

I just wonder because Carr had the highest completion percentage, and they loved to run the ball.  So they were pretty efficient.  Our defense feasts on long developing pass plays and forcing sacks, QB hits, and errant throws.  The Raiders game works against our defense's strengths.  

13 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Turnovers are certainly game changing.  But in the playoffs, being reliant on getting turnovers is not a formula that leads to much success.  Playoff teams are better with ball security than the general non-playoff teams.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The big picture concern is against good QB's on good teams - aka the Playoffs. They don't turn the ball over in the redzone and score 7 instead of 3.

I saw Burks on the field but don't recall seeing him vs TE's. What's up with that ?

Edited by cannondale

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman: 

Mitch Trubisky 14/27 84 yards 0td 1int
Aaron Rodgers 25/31 429 yds 5td 0int

I’m old enough to remember when I was told the Bears’ window was wide open and the Packers’ was slammed shut.

Lmao Greg Gabriel. God Bears twitter was hilarious this offseason. They hounded any and all national writers for daring to say the Bears were the prime regression candidate this year

48 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman: 

Mitch Trubisky 14/27 84 yards 0td 1int
Aaron Rodgers 25/31 429 yds 5td 0int

I’m old enough to remember when I was told the Bears’ window was wide open and the Packers’ was slammed shut.

Trubisky stinks no doubt but those weren't his stats. He picked up a lot of yards and 2 TDs in garbage time. 

Oh, he also threw the ball away on a 4th down play! LOL 

Edited by Golfman

20 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The big picture concern is against good QB's on good teams - aka the Playoffs. 

I saw Burks on the field but don't recall seeing him vs TE's. What's up with that ?

I would guess that if you see Burks, you run at him, and if you see Goodson, you put a TE in a route.  But it is probably more complicated than that.