Week 7 non-Viking games

vike daddy

11 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and Mahomes dislocates his patella...

It usually takes about 6 weeks to fully recover from a dislocated kneecap, although sometimes it can take a bit longer to return to sports or other strenuous activities.

Vikings play Chiefs 11/3.  Matt Moore is no Chase Daniels.

Edited by Cearbhall

20 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

It usually takes about 6 weeks to fully recover from a dislocated kneecap, although sometimes it can take a bit longer to return to sports or other strenuous activities.

Vikings play Chiefs 11/3.  Matt Moore is no Chase Daniels.

it sucks for the chiefs and for the entire league whenever a player like mahomes misses a game (let alone 4-6) but the timing of it is favourable for the vikings. they're guaranteed to play vs. matt moore and they also will have 1.5 games of film on a matt moore-led offense. the packers next week still could get some surprises.

funny (and awful) how such an innocent play (when do you ever see a QB get injured on a QB sneak?) turns a game that was almost a definite loss for us into one where we should be favoured. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

The Chiefs had lost their previous 2 home games with Mahomes, so I don't know that it was an almost definite loss, but we have gone from underdog to favorite in that game.

It's tough to judge from those 2 games alone coz Chiefs were pretty much banged up in last 2 games before the Broncos one, most of their OL starters were injured and also Mahomes was still not fully fit due to his ankle issues. When Chiefs are atleast decently healthy, they are still heavy favorites against any team at home imo. But I think we still could have had a half decent chance even against a healthy Chiefs at Kansas City as Chiefs defense is poor

Until Patrick Mahomes emerges from an MRI tube today and doctors read the results, we’re limited to the impressions of others. And that picture’s something far less than optimistic right now.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, a source said of Mahomes’ right knee: “If there’s no damage, the best case would be around three weeks.”

16 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If Mahomes is out for the game against Minnesota, I think that there’s a real possibility that the Vikings could be the favored team in each matchup until the Seattle game. 

It's not an "if", even in the best case scenario...it's a "will"...it's kind of disappointing for me, since I'll be there in person.  I would have liked to seen him play in person.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

It's not an "if", even in the best case scenario...it's a "will"...it's kind of disappointing for me, since I'll be there in person.  I would have liked to seen him play in person.

KC is always tough at home but it’s going to be hard for them to be competitive with Matt Moore at QB. I don’t think their offense is particularly special, outside of the QB and TE spot. Shut down Kelce and I think Mn can control their offense.

23 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

KC is always tough at home but it’s going to be hard for them to be competitive with Matt Moore at QB. I don’t think their offense is particularly special, outside of the QB and TE spot. Shut down Kelce and I think Mn can control their offense.

Not to mention their run defense doesn't appear to be that great.

51 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Not to mention their run defense doesn't appear to be that great.

That's an understatement.  The fans here are completely underwhelmed by Frank Clark's performance since arriving from Seattle.  They'll likely still win that division even without Mahomes, but it'll be an early exit if they can't have a competent defense.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1