Patrick Mahomes exits game with knee injury

RaidersAreOne

Current AFC West Standings:

Chiefs 5-2

Raiders 3-2 (@Packers, @Texans, vs. Lions, vs. Chargers)

Chargers 2-4 (@Titans, @Bears, vs. Packers, @Raiders)

Broncos 2-5 (@Colts, vs. Browns, @Vikings, @Bills) 

They may very well have the division lead resting Mahomes until they play the Raiders after their BYE week.

8 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Current AFC West Standings:

Chiefs 5-2

Raiders 3-2 (@Packers, @Texans, vs. Lions, vs. Chargers)

Chargers 2-4 (@Titans, @Bears, vs. Packers, @Raiders)

Broncos 2-5 (@Colts, vs. Browns, @Vikings, @Bills) 

They may very well have the division lead resting Mahomes until they play the Raiders after their BYE week.

If the Chiefs go 7-4 heading into the bye they should be fine.

It states they didn’t find “significant additional damage” which means they found additional damage. Chiefs are low-key playing this to media because they are a desperate for a SB this year. 

Although different injuries, this could end up like RGIII or Kevin Durant. Why would you risk fifteen season for one season with a Limited Non-Mobile Mahomes? Even if I’m a Chief fan the answer is easy. It would hurt and sting like hell, but I shut him down 100%. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It states they didn’t find “significant additional damage” which means they found additional damage. Chiefs are low-key playing this to media because they are a desperate for a SB this year. 

Although different injuries, this could end up like RGIII or Kevin Durant. Why would you risk fifteen season for one season with a Limited Non-Mobile Mahomes? Even if I’m a Chief fan the answer is easy. It would hurt and sting like hell, but I shut him down 100%. 

I read it this way too.  While there may be no additional damage, this indicates that some type of damage still occurred from the initial injury.

I have read that it typically take about 6 weeks to fully recover from this type of injury without any other significant ligament or surrounding area damage so even the 3 week timeline seems a bit of a reach...but I'm also not an expert on this type of stuff.

If I were the Chiefs though I would proceed with extra caution.  This kid is a special talent and you don't want to ruin him like other teams have done in the past with guys like Cam, RGIII, etc.

Just now, BayRaider said:

I would shut him down at least until the after the bye week.  No need to rush him back especially if Moore is able to get a win or 2.  But what do I know.  I am currently taking part in Squatober strained tendons around my knee.

42 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I read it this way too.  While there may be no additional damage, this indicates that some type of damage still occurred from the initial injury.

I have read that it typically take about 6 weeks to fully recover from this type of injury without any other significant ligament or surrounding area damage so even the 3 week timeline seems a bit of a reach...but I'm also not an expert on this type of stuff.

If I were the Chiefs though I would proceed with extra caution.  This kid is a special talent and you don't want to ruin him like other teams have done in the past with guys like Cam, RGIII, etc.

When you dislocate your patella, there is some damage done to your MPFL. In the knee, you can think of the patella as the "scaffolding" that holds the knee together. If the MPFL is injured/compromised, the patella can move more putting your knee at a lot of risk for injury. And the injury could be worse as well too. 

The interesting bind the chiefs are in is that their team is built to "win now". Veach compared to dorsey has been relatively shaky in drafting and has made his "impact moves" via trade. Most of the stars on this team were already on place and I have my doubts about his ability to build and sustain a long term successful team. Mahomes is still on his rookie deal.  

Kendall fuller, Chris Jones, and Demarcus Robinson are free agents next year and KC only has 23 million in cap space. I'm sure veach can work through this, but point being they won't have everyone on this team forever. Mahomes likely will require 40 million a year on his upcoming extension. The time to win for KC is now, but at what cost?

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Eagles23 said:

Big Red about to turn Matt Moore into a second round pick

Nah, book is out on what Matt Moore is. Has been for a long time. Most of the time when he was able to flip QB assets like that it was because they were relatively unknown commodities.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Lol, that’s a ridiculous spin on a statement. Non-significant could also just mean it’s swollen. How about holding off on the spin zone until the second opinion (non-team Doctor) and the decision about how they’ll handle it is made. 

15 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Lol, that’s a ridiculous spin on a statement. Non-significant could also just mean it’s swollen. How about holding off on the spin zone until the second opinion (non-team Doctor) and the decision about how they’ll handle it is made. 

Damage is not the same thing as swollen. Damage was definitely found here. I spotted the “didn’t find “significant” damage” statement from a mile away. 

This is basic psychology here. “We found minor damage” is going to throw everyone into a frenzy and they would likely be crucified for playing Mahomes.