Patrick Mahomes exits game with knee injury

RaidersAreOne

Lets hope there is no real structural damage and that he's only out a couple of weeks. That will allow his ankle to heal a bit too. Either way, it goes without saying that we should be very careful with him. Absolutely no need to rush him back, we can survive a few games with Moore, especially with the state that the division currently sits in.

8 hours ago, TedLavie said:

His and our season is over. 

I doubt he doesn't take a surgery here. If he doesn't he might seriously aggravate this injury and that's not in his or our best interest. 

That's what I think it comes down to. He potentially could come back and play this season but would the Chiefs want to risk another RG3 situation? I highly doubt it.

38 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Good news for the Chiefs and the league.

Not really. Reports state they didn’t find significant additional damage. Which means they found additional damage and are really desperate for a SB. I’d shut him down. Why you risk further damage and career threatening injury for one season (a season he can no longer be mobile). He’ll have to wear a knee brace rest of the year and stay in the pocket. And if someone goes full force at that knee, he’s done. 

Mahomes is just too good to risk it. But it’s clear Reid and Team Officials eyes are clearly on that ring. 

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not really. Reports state they didn’t find significant additional damage. Which means they found additional damage and are really desperate for a SB. I’d shut him down. Why you risk further damage and career threatening injury for one season (a season he can no longer be mobile). He’ll have to wear a knee brace rest of the year and stay in the pocket. And if someone goes full force at that knee, he’s done. 

Mahomes is just too good to risk it. But it’s clear Reid and Team Officials eyes are clearly on that ring. 

so you are saying AR and the Chiefs might ruin his career?

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lol, that’s a ridiculous spin on a statement. Non-significant could also just mean it’s swollen. How about holding off on the spin zone until the second opinion (non-team Doctor) and the decision about how they’ll handle it is made. 

It's a more significant injury than I first thought, but it could have been career threatening. MRI was negative, so a few weeks, perhaps after the week 12 bye. Here is the article on the MRI
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/patrick_mahomes_plans_to_return_this_season_after_mri_on_knee_reveals_no_significant_damage/s1_12740_30292037

J