What’s wrong with Von Miller?

BayRaider

Been shut out in every game this season except for the two sack game against Jacksonville. Doesn’t look anywhere near terrifying as he has been in the past. Does he not fit scheme? Has he aged? Heart not in it anymore?

Edited by BayRaider

11 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

He's still an elite edge rusher, both vs. the run and rushing. Tonight, nobody took advantage of the attention he drew and draws every game. It's not 2015-2016 Von but he's still played very well. 

Then why has he looked completely ineffective every time I have watched him? And why did his own coach throw him under the bus and question his play?

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I can't speak for what you see and his coach didn't do that. 

Lollll what? Fangio has been badgering him all season according to reports. And here’s one of the worst ones I read:

“I thought his rush was okay,” the head coach said about No. 58’s performance in L.A. “He was close a few times. I think he’s capable of better, but he was coming free some and did help the pass defense in that way.”

That’s a semi-backhanded compliment.

“(Miller’s) run defense was up and down a little bit,” Fangio added. “A lot of stuff was away from him. It was kind of uneventful.”

How is this not totally throwing him under the bus and being passive aggressive? You know throwing under the bus is never a direct thing like “Yeah he sucked today”. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lollll what? Fangio has been badgering him all season according to reports. And here’s one of the worst ones I read:

“I thought his rush was okay,” the head coach said about No. 58’s performance in L.A. “He was close a few times. I think he’s capable of better, but he was coming free some and did help the pass defense in that way.”

That’s a semi-backhanded compliment.

“(Miller’s) run defense was up and down a little bit,” Fangio added. “A lot of stuff was away from him. It was kind of uneventful.”

How is this not totally throwing him under the bus and being passive aggressive? You know throwing under the bus is never a direct thing like “Yeah he sucked today”. 

He does that with every player, every single evaluation is a little up and a little down. Set a high standard from the top down. That's so common in teaching/coaching/parenting/any form of leadership I really didn't think it warranted discussion and am surprised it has. 

• Like 2

Just now, BayRaider said:

That’s not how you talk to the media about players. Probably why he hasn’t been a HC before and probably won’t be one after 2020 season concludes. 

They are grown a## men lol you want a hype man get a great agent, or a pr guy, or get a trophy wife. 

He's always going to be a straight shooter. I see nothing wrong with it.