Week 7 GDT: "The FlaccoSeagulls Bowl" Seahawks vs. Ravens

AFlaccoSeagulls

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Our depth has been a double edged sword for those guys. Tyus Bowser was Jellyfish raw and super young coming out of Houston, and he's needed those live reps more than maybe any other player on the team. He was able to flash and produce on minuscule opportunity in years 1 & 2, but we're seeing true growth out of him now that he's getting more involved. Better late than never I guess.

On the other hand Clark probably could have started Day 1 for us. He's looking like one of our biggest late round steals already. 

Yeah Clark is someone we need to lock up ASAP before he raises his value too too much. Earl Thomas recognized just how good he was when he arrived. He was clear to point out Clark. This is a safety duo to keep intact. I would probably consider keeping Levine but with Elliot potentially being the guy I might consider letting Levine walk. Elliot was drafted at 21 and at 22 was looking like one of our best secondary players in camp. At 23 I would expect him to truly breakout with opportunity and I’d rather he have that opportunity than be stuck behind a veteran who we should start seeing a decline from at some point soon. But that’s a tough call/decision there. If we win a Super Bowl I definitely move on, but Super Bowl teams need veterans like Levine.

5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah Clark is someone we need to lock up ASAP before he raises his value too too much. Earl Thomas recognized just how good he was when he arrived. He was clear to point out Clark. This is a safety duo to keep intact. I would probably consider keeping Levine but with Elliot potentially being the guy I might consider letting Levine walk. Elliot was drafted at 21 and at 22 was looking like one of our best secondary players in camp. At 23 I would expect him to truly breakout with opportunity and I’d rather he have that opportunity than be stuck behind a veteran who we should start seeing a decline from at some point soon. But that’s a tough call/decision there. If we win a Super Bowl I definitely move on, but Super Bowl teams need veterans like Levine.

Levine is also now our best ST's players and a huge locker room presence, and his value is relatively low. Can't imagine letting him walk.

If anything, as usual we should let Jefferson walk (aka cut him ASAP) and roll with Thomas/Clark/Levine/Elliott moving forward. I do agree about locking up Clark ASAP though.

How could anyone go forward relying on Elliot? He couldn't make it out of his first training camp without having a season ending injury, and the moment we needed him to play this season he suffered a season-ending injury. Sorry, he's damaged goods and should be on the chopping block going forward. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

How could anyone go forward relying on Elliot? He couldn't make it out of his first training camp without having a season ending injury, and the moment we needed him to play this season he suffered a season-ending injury. Sorry, he's damaged goods and should be on the chopping block going forward. 

It was a simple forearm fracture which shouldn't hinder him going forward. The knee injury is unfortunate, but plenty have bounced back from those. He wasn't injured in college, so it seems he has just been unfortunate.

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

I agree with this take. He's quickly forming a reputation of being injury prone and that is simply something you can't rely on as a starter moving forward. I think Elliott can contribute on ST's and as a backup/role player for us, but until he stays healthy for multiple seasons in a row, or even one full season, I wouldn't put any stock in him being productive for us.

6 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

6 hours ago, Danand said:

It was a simple forearm fracture which shouldn't hinder him going forward. The knee injury is unfortunate, but plenty have bounced back from those. He wasn't injured in college, so it seems he has just been unfortunate.

Yup. And I’m not fully convinced that the forearm fracture wasn’t some sort of way to just redshirt him. The knee injury was definitely unfortunate though.

Either way, I guess Dalvin Cook was also damaged goods? Tavon Young is damaged goods. Lardius Webb used to be damaged goods. Jimmy Smith has always been damaged goods.

Injuries happen. But Elliot hasn’t gone through a bunch of soft tissue injuries. A fracture and an tear in the knee aren’t similar types of injuries. They’re both just injuries with somewhat longer recovery times.

Elliot displayed standout potential and looked like on of our best secondary players in training camp, he’s made plays there, anyone would be a fool to write him off.

Levine would be a tough decision like I said. He brings a lot to the team, but similar to with Carr, Father Time is undefeated. Levine hasn’t looked as good this season as in some of his seasons past. He will be 33 next season. If we sign him for 2-3 years, we might be investing in a sinking ship. If we sign him for one year, he might decide to go elsewhere to a team that “respects” him more.

39 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Either way, I guess Dalvin Cook was also damaged goods? Tavon Young is damaged goods. Lardius Webb used to be damaged goods. Jimmy Smith has always been damaged goods.

They were already established players when they got injured. Elliot has played a total of 42 defensive snaps in his career with 3 tackles. 

The reality in the in NFL is if you can't be relied upon and you haven't proven yourself, you will be in danger of being replaced. Sixth round picks don't last long if they can't stay healthy. 

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

I mean....yes to literally all of this lol all of those players have/had significant and legitimate injury concerns.

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I agree with this take. He's quickly forming a reputation of being injury prone and that is simply something you can't rely on as a starter moving forward. I think Elliott can contribute on ST's and as a backup/role player for us, but until he stays healthy for multiple seasons in a row, or even one full season, I wouldn't put any stock in him being productive for us.

The same thing was said about Brent Urban the first few years due to his unfortunate onjues. He turned out to be a solid starter for our squad. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt going into next season. 

• Like 1