Trade deadline/thoughts

Mid Iowa

There is a lot of chatter on Twitter about the Saints trading for Emmanuel Sanders. We've all spoken about our need for another receiver, so what are y'all's thoughts on this possibility?

Also, any other trade needs you see, and thoughts of who could fit in?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that the Saints need a slot WR. Emmanuel Sanders is a good slot receiver...so he makes a ton of sense. 

Problem is there are probably 3-4 teams looking at Sanders as seriously as we are 

49 minutes ago, Dome said:

Might as well bump up the compensation and snag CHJ from the broncos too. We need slot CB help 

i know it’s not realistic with the cap situation, but that’s never scared Loomis away before 

Hard telling what they'd demand, but at least their trade value shouldn't be too steep considering they're both in their contract years.

44 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that the Saints need a slot WR. Emmanuel Sanders is a good slot receiver...so he makes a ton of sense. 

Yeah, I like him, too. I always have. I'd think he'd come at a decent price considering his age.

As @Dome mentioned, several teams are looking at him too, but you know he'd look at the ones who could bring him a ring NOW, and that would be the Pats & the Saints, and the Pats already have a go-to slot guy in Edleman.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

As @Dome mentioned, several teams are looking at him too, but you know he'd look at the ones who could bring him a ring NOW, and that would be the Pats & the Saints, and the Pats already have a go-to slot guy in Edleman.

Idk how much of a say he has in the matter 

some players have that kind of pull, not sure Sanders is one of them 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dome said:

Idk how much of a say he has in the matter 

some players have that kind of pull, not sure Sanders is one of them 

Let's assume you're right. And also assume @JMG5 Is also right, please 🤣

If it helps, I will throw a box of Cubans in the ante!

Edited by Mid Iowa
  • Like 2

So TE OJ Howard is available from the Bucs, what do you guys think of him? He's struggled with them and under Arians gets no playing time, but coming out I loved his skillset. If he comes cheap and the Bucs would trade him to us, would you take a flyer? If anyone can get the best of out him, I'm sure Payton can.

This is in addition to say an Emmanual Sanders and not instead of him.

7 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

So TE OJ Howard is available from the Bucs, what do you guys think of him? He's struggled with them and under Arians gets no playing time, but coming out I loved his skillset. If he comes cheap and the Bucs would trade him to us, would you take a flyer? If anyone can get the best of out him, I'm sure Payton can.

This is in addition to say an Emmanual Sanders and not instead of him.

Well, he's got the height we like. I've never even heard of him (I don't do fantasy, so that's understandable) but he gets a lot of snaps, so he be a good blocker. The Buccs say they have no interest in shopping him (which means they are).

As a 3rd year guy who's seeing fewer targets, no TD's yet this year and only 5-6 in previous years, and average receptions/target, we'd have to get him for a song. Like a 6th or 7th. 

But like you said, if anyone can make a TE work, it's Payton. But then again, I've always had the impression Arians got the best of his players, too. So I guess I'm indifferent. 

7 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Well, he's got the height we like. I've never even heard of him (I don't do fantasy, so that's understandable) but he gets a lot of snaps, so he be a good blocker. The Buccs say they have no interest in shopping him (which means they are).

As a 3rd year guy who's seeing fewer targets, no TD's yet this year and only 5-6 in previous years, and average receptions/target, we'd have to get him for a song. Like a 6th or 7th. 

But like you said, if anyone can make a TE work, it's Payton. But then again, I've always had the impression Arians got the best of his players, too. So I guess I'm indifferent. 

OJ Howard was a stud receiving TE for Alabama and one of their most productive receivers at that.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 4:11 PM, Dome said:

Might as well bump up the compensation and snag CHJ from the broncos too. We need slot CB help 

i know it’s not realistic with the cap situation, but that’s never scared Loomis away before 

There was the discussion in NFL Gen on this topic, but apparently the Broncos could eat cap space in an effort to make the trade work as well as get a better pick out of it, since for example the Saints don't have the cap for one, let alone both.  If they were to basically eat near all of the salary associated with them, I'd almost be willing to give up a 1st.  It would almost cement a Super Bowl for us barring any further catastrophic injuries.