Trade deadline/thoughts

Mid Iowa

1 hour ago, SWATcha said:

Devante Parker anyone? Saw some speculations in an article that listed Parker, Corey Davis, and Eiffert.

I wouldn't mind either Parker or Davis. My preferred target would be Davis though. I think that kid can play. He's just been mired in bad QB play his whole career so far.

Parker would definitely be an interesting candidate. I also see rumors that the 49ers are looking into him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Devante Parker anyone? Saw some speculations in an article that listed Parker, Corey Davis, and Eiffert.

I wouldn't mind either Parker or Davis. My preferred target would be Davis though. I think that kid can play. He's just been mired in bad QB play his whole career so far.

Why would the Titans trade Davis? It makes no sense.

• Like 1

So with Washington doing horrible, I wonder if WR Paul Richardson could be had from them. He's in year 2 of his contract and has put up some miserable stats on that team. He's also dropped below Terry McLaughlin (sp?) as their main threat. I'm not sure how it would work with regards to the cap, but before going to the Redskins, he seemed like a WR who could run a full route tree and play a variety of routes. Good hands and could find pockets of space.

14 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

So with Washington doing horrible, I wonder if WR Paul Richardson could be had from them. He's in year 2 of his contract and has put up some miserable stats on that team. He's also dropped below Terry McLaughlin (sp?) as their main threat. I'm not sure how it would work with regards to the cap, but before going to the Redskins, he seemed like a WR who could run a full route tree and play a variety of routes. Good hands and could find pockets of space.

Washington isn't trading anyone.

7 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Parker would definitely be an interesting candidate. I also see rumors that the 49ers are looking into him.

I doubt that we would go that route now. I know that there was talk before the Sanders trade that we were looking into him, but I don't think we'll be making any other additions to the wide receiver corps. There's actually some mild speculation that Goodwin could be on his way out instead (but that's largely just because he was at the facility today but then didn't attend practice for a non injury related reason). Plus, we lack 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks for this upcoming draft lol. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Davis is definitely the more talented of the two. I don't have much interest in Parker. It has taken Parker years to learn the Miami offense and become a semi-capable receiver. Now we are going to put him in the Saints offense? There is just little chance that he would be a contributor this season. He has looked ok, but I'm not sure he's a big upside guy either. For a late round pick...why not...but no way to do you use even a 2nd day pick on him. 

Davis is solid and still has quite a bit of upside. I do think that he has been held back by Mariota, so his value is probably lower than it should be. I'd definitely be good with that move.

I'm going to have to say no on Eifert unless Cook is out for an extended amount of time. Hill is fine as a #2 TE. Eifert has NOT been the same guy after his slew of injuries...and he is also an injury waiting to happen.

Another guy I like a ton...maybe all of those guys for THIS season is Jamison Crowder. Should be available for trade on a bad Jets' team (hopefully the Jags destroy them this weekend). He's a very good slot receiver who has always produced in spite of some pretty bad situations. He also has played in a number of systems and made seemless transitions. He'd be a very quick study and he'd fill a slot that is currently vacant in the Saints offense.

I'm going to have to say no on Robbie Anderson. He's soft and doesn't win underneath, where the Saints need help most. He's essentially another Ted Ginn, and we really don't need two of those types of guys. We need someone who can win underneath and take pressure off of Thomas and Kamara.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

What the? No serious...screw the future

Nuk is arguably the best WR in the NFL right now and is still on a very friendly deal for 2 more years after this one at 12.5 mil/yr.  He's going to require 2 1st round picks minimum and unless he gets disgruntled and wants to sitout for a new deal, which he doesn't seem to be the type, it would be a ridiculous pick-up even if we go go to Teddy B after this year with Brees retiring after a SB win.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Pick compensation aside, can we even afford him?
Of course, we have Loomis, so anything is possible, I suppose.

This would be a scary tandem, for sure!

Looks like we have about 4 mil in space right now, so with 8 games left, we would be on the hook for about 6.25 mil for Nuk.  So part of the compensation would be the requirement that the Texans restructure ~2.5 mil of his salary this year into a signing bonus so that we can absorb the remaining salary hit for this year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raves said:

Nuk is arguably the best WR in the NFL right now and is still on a very friendly deal for 2 more years after this one at 12.5 mil/yr.  He's going to require 2 1st round picks minimum and unless he gets disgruntled and wants to sitout for a new deal, which he doesn't seem to be the type, it would be a ridiculous pick-up even if we go go to Teddy B after this year with Brees retiring after a SB win.

Looks like we have about 4 mil in space right now, so with 8 games left, we would be on the hook for about 6.25 mil for Nuk.  So part of the compensation would be the requirement that the Texans restructure ~2.5 mil of his salary this year into a signing bonus so that we can absorb the remaining salary hit for this year.

Alternatively, we could do the same with a player we already have on the roster. Armstead is a guy we could restructure.