Trade deadline/thoughts

Mid Iowa

3 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Isn't Easton on a decent salary but has very little owed if he's cut after this season? I'm sure we could add him to any deal if need be. It's a risk due to the health of the O-line, but it looks like Clapp has overtaken him in the depth chart and he's been inactive a bunch too.

Seahawks would be a good fit. Their center just went down 

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yea, Nuk's not happening.

I don’t think anyone thought it was.

i found it very interesting we were even calling about him.

bet we floated Trey Hendrickson as bait of some kind, with Watt going down 

30 minutes ago, Dome said:

I don’t think anyone thought it was.

i found it very interesting we were even calling about him.

bet we floated Trey Hendrickson as bait of some kind, with Watt going down 

Interesting for sure.  At the very least, it tells me they're looking for somebody.

45 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I mean we have had a deadly offense with Colston + Meachum + Devery before. Yes? No? Maybe so?

Talent wise he is probably better than everyone outside of Michael Thomas. Anderson is NOT an over the middle of the field type of guy. He plays pretty soft. He is actually quite comparable to Meachem. I'm not sure if the Saints are looking for that type of player, and I honestly think that a slot WR may be more important. But a 5th rounder? Probably worth it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Talent wise he is probably better than everyone outside of Michael Thomas. Anderson is NOT an over the middle of the field type of guy. He plays pretty soft. He is actually quite comparable to Meachem. I'm not sure if the Saints are looking for that type of player, and I honestly think that a slot WR may be more important. But a 5th rounder? Probably worth it.

Agreed. For the 5th you absolutely do it. Brees would make him 10x better

7 minutes ago, Raves said:

Maybe PRob is coming back healthy?  I mean with Lattimore, Apple, CGJ, PWill, and possibly PRob coming back, we don't really need Crawley.

Ah you're probably right. PJ didn't count against the 53 for his suspension either. Still best of luck to Crawley, but he was done here.

21 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Not trading for a WR is going to be a problem come playoff time.

I might argue this a bit. I know we only have 1 marquee guy at receiver, but look at what Drew does with the ball. If it's not MT, it's Zach Line, it's Phil Collins, it's Rudy, it's whoever he wants it to be. I get we need a separator and so on, but Brees is the ultimate at throwing a guy open.

I applaud our Front Office for somewhat protecting our draft picks for a change.

5 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I might argue this a bit. I know we only have 1 marquee guy at receiver, but look at what Drew does with the ball. If it's not MT, it's Zach Line, it's Phil Collins, it's Rudy, it's whoever he wants it to be. I get we need a separator and so on, but Brees is the ultimate at throwing a guy open.

I applaud our Front Office for somewhat protecting our draft picks for a change.

I can understand not paying the premium for a guy like AJ Green, but if we could've rented a guy like Robbie Anderson for a 5th... we should've done it.

• Like 1