Jets cut G Kelechi Osemele after he elects to have shoulder surgery

RaidersAreOne

NEVER TRUST TEAM DOCTORS! Always get 2nd and 3rd opinions. I keep going back to the 49ers team doctors telling Kaepernick he was fine and then when he went to outside doctors, he ended up having three operations in offseason.

Sucks, but as Barkley said, the team doctors will do what is best for the TEAM they are working for, not the player himself. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

You can always count on the Jets to show the NFL how to be classless

This is the same thing the Packers dealt with Martellus Bennett. He's fine to sign the contract and play when things are going well and he's cleared to play through injury, but something doesn't go his way and now he wants the surgery. I don't blame the team for pushing back.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is the same thing the Packers dealt with Martellus Bennett. He's fine to sign the contract and play when things are going well and he's cleared to play through injury, but something doesn't go his way and now he wants the surgery. I don't blame the team for pushing back.

Yep. Hard to know for sure what is happening in this scenario with osemele, but the guy has had motivation issues for a few years now. He was JACKED when he was on the Ravens and his first year + on the raiders. Then he slimmed down considerably and wasn't playing with the same fire that made him one of the best maulers in the league.

not sure what to make of this.

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

NEVER TRUST TEAM DOCTORS! Always get 2nd and 3rd opinions. I keep going back to the 49ers team doctors telling Kaepernick he was fine and then when he went to outside doctors, he ended up having three operations in offseason.

Sucks, but as Barkley said, the team doctors will do what is best for the TEAM they are working for, not the player himself. 

49ers team doctors were horrible for sure but lets not forget his contract was only guaranteed for injury and there was a lot of talk about cutting him at the time. Pre-kneeling stuff too.

Youre not wrong, just putting that out there.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yep. Hard to know for sure what is happening in this scenario with osemele, but the guy has had motivation issues for a few years now. He was JACKED when he was on the Ravens and his first year + on the raiders. Then he slimmed down considerably and wasn't playing with the same fire that made him one of the best maulers in the league.

not sure what to make of this.

49ers team doctors were horrible for sure but lets not forget his contract was only guaranteed for injury and there was a lot of talk about cutting him at the time. Pre-kneeling stuff too.

Youre not wrong, just putting that out there.  

Putting what exactly out there? So you're putting out that team intentionally misdiagnosed Kaepernick to cover their butts? I mean that is the point here. Team doctors will do what is best for the team. It's pretty shameful but that's just how it is. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Putting what exactly out there? So you're putting out that team intentionally misdiagnosed Kaepernick to cover their butts? I mean that is the point here. Team doctors will do what is best for the team. It's pretty shameful but that's just how it is. 

no, I am saying he was incentivized by something like 20 million dollars to elect for surgery. Surgery guaranteed him 20+m. No surgery meant he was risking that money, because we could cut him and pay him nothing. 

I started with '49ers team doctors were horrible for sure'. There is no denying that the team doctors can have the interests of the team before the players. There is also no denying that everyone in this world looks out for themselves first and foremost and that CK had incentive to elect for surgery, when it might not have been completely necessary or even the best course of action. We will never know, and its ancient history now, so lets move on from CK. 

its ****ty that this happens, but it happens on both sides. Ramsey faked a back injury recently, does that mean we should never trust players injuries?