Jets cut G Kelechi Osemele after he elects to have shoulder surgery

RaidersAreOne

56 minutes ago, N4L said:

no, I am saying he was incentivized by something like 20 million dollars to elect for surgery. Surgery guaranteed him 20+m. No surgery meant he was risking that money, because we could cut him and pay him nothing. 

I started with '49ers team doctors were horrible for sure'. There is no denying that the team doctors can have the interests of the team before the players. There is also no denying that everyone in this world looks out for themselves first and foremost and that CK had incentive to elect for surgery, when it might not have been completely necessary or even the best course of action. We will never know, and its ancient history now, so lets move on from CK. 

its ****ty that this happens, but it happens on both sides. Ramsey faked a back injury recently, does that mean we should never trust players injuries? 

No offense, but this is BS. This is EXACTLY how owners wants fans to act. His shoulder surgery he had was one that took him some time to rehab.  No one just willingly goes under the knife three times in one offseason. 

Did Ramsey "fake" a back injury and have some back operation? 

• Like 3

Jets are trying to get out of having to pay him money for nothing.  Once they fine him, he can be cut without having guaranteed money. Osemele would have to file a grievance,  but this dude knew he had a injury,  was healthy enough to start the season but now decides he wants surgery. 

38 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@jrry32 at what point would this be medical malpractice by the team doctors? 

If the Jets the team are doing something, it wouldn't be. If the doctors themselves are lying to get him to play, it would be a huge problem. But that would mean they are objectively lying, not that it's debatable.

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No offense, but this is BS. This is EXACTLY how owners wants fans to act. His shoulder surgery he had was one that took him some time to rehab.  No one just willingly goes under the knife three times in one offseason. 

He certainly faked a back injury to stay distant from the team.

Edited by Swift21

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah he "faked" the back injury to distance himself from the team. Not to have an operation. The operation he was attempting to get was a trade. It worked. He's magically cleared now and is practicing in full since getting to LA. 

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Swift21 said:

He certainly faked a back injury to stay distant from the team.

23 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Nah he "faked" the back injury to distance himself from the team. Not to have an operation. The operation he was attempting to get was a trade. It worked. He's magically cleared now and is practicing in full since getting to LA. 

So not even close to having three operations? 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So not even close to having three operations? 

Correct and I never suggested Kaep's injuries were fake. In fact, I don't see how comparing Kaep to Ramsey benefits your case. Ramsey was clearly faking whereas Kaep had a legitimate medical concern that was ignored by the SF Medical team.

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

Correct and I never suggested Kaep's injuries were fake. In fact, I don't see how comparing Kaep to Ramsey benefits your case. Ramsey was clearly faking whereas Kaep had a legitimate medical concern that was ignored by the SF Medical team.

I didn't bring up that comparison, N4L did. He used Ramsey to show that Kap really may not have needed his operations. 

Ramsey did what he had to get out of Jacksonville as AB did what he had to do to get out of Oakland. But neither would have ever went under the knife to get what they wanted. You just don't do that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

NEVER TRUST TEAM DOCTORS! Always get 2nd and 3rd opinions. I keep going back to the 49ers team doctors telling Kaepernick he was fine and then when he went to outside doctors, he ended up having three operations in offseason.

Sucks, but as Barkley said, the team doctors will do what is best for the TEAM they are working for, not the player himself. 

just look at the misdiagnosis problems of the redskins which is half the reason trent is holding out