Jets G Kelechi Osemele may require should surgery; Jets attempting to make him practice/play

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I think Osmelle doesn't want to play football anymore, so for that I hope the Jets get out of this without paying. 

Exactly I think he mailed it in and wanted to collect a check. And if I were the Jets I’d be reluctant to pay him as well. After his poor play.

This will end badly for the organization. Not many players are going to tell you they need surgery after being cleared and this isn't the first time dealing with this injury. I believe him. Dude trained differently to get his body lean for this season, so I don't question his heart just because he didn't perform well. When the NFLPA jump in, he'll get his money. I don't like this at all. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

This will end badly for the organization. Not many players are going to tell you they need surgery after being cleared and this isn't the first time dealing with this injury. I believe him. Dude trained differently to get his body lean for this season, so I don't question his heart just because he didn't perform well. When the NFLPA jump in, he'll get his money. I don't like this at all. 

It’ll look bad for the organization. Not sure why they’re attempting this. When they traded for him, didn’t they have the right to give him a physical?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SDotNova said:

It’ll look bad for the organization. Not sure why they’re attempting this. When they traded for him, didn’t they have the right to give him a physical?

Yes. He was still rehabbing I think, pretty sure he ended the year on the IR. 

I think the issue is that it’s not a re-injury and it’s possibly just the lingering effects of the previous one so that’s why doctors cleared him to play. I think if the doctors said he needed surgery then he would get it. 

I think the real truth is somewhere in-between. 

Jets were already planning on replacing Osemele with Alex Lewis. Citing an injury is a way teams can make a change while showing a veteran guy some respect. The team was obviously aware of the shoulder - they likely had dialogue on it dating back to the trade - and used it as an opportunity to sit him down, but when it became apparent that he wasn't getting the job back, Osemele said I might as well get surgery. Instead, the Jets want him to be available at least as a backup (especially since they're paying him) and probably feel bitter about how Osemele and his team have handled the situation. 

Neither side looks good in this. Hopefully they can resolve their differences and move on. 

Osmele apparently is doing this because he knew the jets would cut him and was mad that they were benching him so trying to screw them into paying him next year. Since Alex Lewis is a better player right now

So im with the jets here

Edited by NYJets4716

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya it appears Kelechi is pushing for surgery bc he got replaced. Where if he was starting he wouldn’t need surgery and he’d play through it.

Hes playing the in taking my ball and going home game.

Facts. It’s so obvious. That’s why he waited this long when it was clear he wasn’t getting his job back. Now he’s mailing it in for the off-season.