All things Jeffery Simmons

KingTitan

25 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

He'll probably be in active this week at least. But he's very close... 

That wouldn't make any sense. Why would remove his roster exemption and release a player only for us to not play him? if he wasn't going to play tomorrow we would have just left him on the None Football Injury list through the weekend and kept another player on the roster.

1 hour ago, lovetitans said:

That wouldn't make any sense. Why would remove his roster exemption and release a player only for us to not play him? if he wasn't going to play tomorrow we would have just left him on the None Football Injury list through the weekend and kept another player on the roster.

"Players on the PUP list may not practice or play the first six weeks of the season. After the sixth week, the player must be allowed to return to practice, placed on injured reserved or released within five weeks.

The rules on when a player on the NFI can get back to the field are the same as for those on the PUP list."

We keep 8 players inactive every GameDay. If he's not ready to play, he'll be on that inactive list. He's close to ready though 

Just now, ragevsuall17 said:

"Players on the PUP list may not practice or play the first six weeks of the season. After the sixth week, the player must be allowed to return to practice, placed on injured reserved or released within five weeks.

The rules on when a player on the NFI can get back to the field are the same as for those on the PUP list."

We keep 8 players inactive every GameDay. If he's not ready to play, he'll be on that inactive list. He's close to ready though 

so what you're saying is we can let him practice for 5 weeks before activating him..... so why would we activate him now then not play him?

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

we have 21 days to make a decision to activate him from the day he stared practice. if he was even close to being inactive I wouldn't see a reason for us to cut a player for us to deactivate their replacement. we still had 2 weeks he could practice and not fill one of the 53 spots. he may very well be inactive, just saying it doesn't make sense to add him to the 53 man roster when he wont play. It would make more sense to keep a healthy play on the roster until he's ready to play.

If they do actually bring him on and he isn't a healthy scratch (which seems really unlikely to me), then he's almost certainly going to be super limited in reps.  I'll be shocked if we see him actually play before Week 8, and it'll probably be a couple more weeks before he plays any significant time.

22 hours ago, Daniel said:

If they do actually bring him on and he isn't a healthy scratch (which seems really unlikely to me), then he's almost certainly going to be super limited in reps.  I'll be shocked if we see him actually play before Week 8, and it'll probably be a couple more weeks before he plays any significant time.

Well, that post didn't age well.  And within 24 hours even.

Simmons is a certified freak.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Looked a little better than I even remembered.  

Collapsed the pocket. Forced double teams that gave others 1on1s.  Came from the edge.  Stonewalled running lanes. 

Probably the most encouraging thing is that it’s clear that his burst is not all that close to 100%, he’s mostly just winning with his hands and his power. You add some explosiveness to the technique and strength and he’s going to be a real problem.

• Like 6