Week 7 GDT: Saints (5-1) vs. Bears (3-2) - House Money

Canadian Saint

The entire time I just kept thinking that the Bears are too talented to be squandered like this with Mitch. Besides that, favorite play was the full back option with Hill, and when Teddy on the run delivered that beaaaautiful pass to Thomas with two defenders right there.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dome said:

Guys, i know a win is a win, but the last 3 minutes of the game are going to have me annoyed all week long. 

grrrr. 

if we can collapse like that against the Bears, we can certainly collapse like that against a playoff team.

today was a good kick in the gut, i hope the players are annoyed with themselves as I am. they can be so much better.

(yes, I know not EVERYONE is to blame, but it's a team sport and EVERYONE can get better)

I think those last 3 minutes the playcalling allowed a lot of underneath screens and the team knew the win was more or less locked in so stopped trying as hard and were hoping to just escape injury free, unfortunately the Bears didn't get the memo that some teams still had Super Bowl aspirations and decided to push for garbage yards/points and Eli got hurt.  I think if the game was still closer they would've been more locked in, but at the same time this gives the coaching staff a lot of ammo to use over the next week about playing until the clock hits 0 etc after what was a very convincing and dominant win.

28 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

The entire time I just kept thinking that the Bears are too talented to be squandered like this with Mitch. Besides that, favorite play was the full back option with Hill, and when Teddy on the run delivered that beaaaautiful pass to Thomas with two defenders right there.

How about that beautiful fake hand-off to Murray who then chipped and then Teddy throwing that laser to Thomas down the middle as well?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Do you see his playing time increasing from here on out?

He's been impressing the coaches, and he'll probably get some serious time next game. Apple, PJ Williams and possibly Patrick Robinson will all be missing the game. So if he does well next week, he might unseat PJ Williams.

Apart from the obvious fact he hits hard (his hit took McManis (?) out of the game), I've been impressed by his coverage for the most part. Don't get me wrong he still makes a few mistakes, but he's shown some really good things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

He's been impressing the coaches, and he'll probably get some serious time next game. Apple, PJ Williams and possibly Patrick Robinson will all be missing the game. So if he does well next week, he might unseat PJ Williams.

Apart from the obvious fact he hits hard (his hit took McManis (?) out of the game), I've been impressed by his coverage for the most part. Don't get me wrong he still makes a few mistakes, but he's shown some really good things.

Awesome great to hear

8 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

This is a really good team. Let the commentators fall in love with the 49ers and Packers...nobody wants to play this Saints team right now. 

Right now I've heard several of the commentators call the Saints the best team in the NFC, including Rotney Harrison, who absolutely hates the Saints. 
Harrison, Tony Ganzales, and a few others. Most of them siting what's been accomplished without Brees, and then this week without Brees, Kamara, and Cook.

How about some props for Latavius Murray!! This guy turned it on big time this week. He had a challenge in front of him, and not only did he take that challenge, he punched it right in the face!! 

I'd like to see a y.a.c. stat on him for yesterday's game. He was hard to bring down, and is turning into the "thunder" of this running duo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

How about some props for Latavius Murray!! This guy turned it on big time this week. He had a challenge in front of him, and not only did he take that challenge, he punched it right in the face!! 

I'd like to see a y.a.c. stat on him for yesterday's game. He was hard to bring down, and is turning into the "thunder" of this running duo.

Completely agree. Not that I wanted Kamara out, but his confidence must have skyrocketed up after that game and Payton will be using him a bit more in the Ingram role now rather than what he was for the first part of the season

• Like 2

Tarik Cohen is talking **** on twitter today. 

commented on making a Saints tackler miss and called the would be tackler “small” lol  (think it was CGJ)

the play was a loss of 6 and the bears were down 26 at the time

cohen really pounding his chest about turning a loss of like 10 into a loss of only 6

lmao. Little man syndrome.

Edited by Dome

8 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I don’t remember who on twitter but someone said on his last 32 starts as RB1 he’s gone for at least 80 yards or a TD in like 25 of those games. 

pretty consistent if you keep feeding him, and the Twitter dude nailed it 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1