Week 7 GDT: Saints (5-1) vs. Bears (3-2) - House Money

Canadian Saint

Well we've made it through the gruesome stretch of schedule at 6-1 including 5-0 without Brees. That's pretty incredible. Though it still doesn't get easy from here, hot Cardinals team, 2x Panthers team playing well, 49ers, Colts. Schedule makers really did us no favors this year. At least we get San Fran and Indy at home. 

Putting Apple injury aside (and not down playing it), we balled the eff out.

No matter what you say, that was as good a team performance as you can have from a team. Our offense didn't have our HOF QB, stud RB or #1 TE or #3 WR. Yet the O-line kept Teddy up right for the most part, gave him time (seriously that one play where he had like 5 secs to find someone open), Murray ran at 4.5 YPC and we put up 30+ points on a very good D. Khalil Mack, coming off a BYE, was nowhere to be found (thanks in a big part to Ram).

The D, before the garbage time stuff, shut down a bad offense. I thought they did what they have been doing the past few games. Really we should have had atleast 2 picks too.

ST I thought came up big aswell. Harris I think is improving every week. We got a hand on a couple of punts.

I know the garbage time TDs and Apple injury dampen this win, but I'm really encouraged with how well this offense is playing. Overwhelming this Bears D is not easy, and we succeeded.

Sean Payton might be having his best season coaching. To win with what he's had, and how we're doing it is incredible. He won't win COY, but he damn well deserves it. So glad he's our head coach.

Regarding the Brees return issue, I say let him back up Teddy, let Taysom into the offense, and bring him in for a few snaps at the end of the game to get some exposure. Don't risk anything. Then let him rest up and come back 100% against the Falcons. I'm sure he can return next week, but with how Teddy has played, he doesn't need to.

9 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

I hope he's right.

If that's true, 2-4 weeks. He should be back after the BYE (which is coming at a very convenient time for us).

I'll also take this opportunity to praise Apple too. From being a Giants cast away to a guy who's meshed with our secondary and become a reliable #2 CB.

One other guy I keep praising is Vonn Bell. He had another momentum changing FF, and I believe his 4th of the season. He's been pretty good all around this season.

Also CGJ. He's shown some really impressive ability (also hilariously taunting Cohen because of his height). I wouldn't be surprised if he gets Apple's spot next week over Crawley. I thought CGJ showed good coverage ability in limited playing time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

If that's true, 2-4 weeks. He should be back after the BYE (which is coming at a very convenient time for us).

I'll also take this opportunity to praise Apple too. From being a Giants cast away to a guy who's meshed with our secondary and become a reliable #2 CB.

One other guy I keep praising is Vonn Bell. He had another momentum changing FF, and I believe his 4th of the season. He's been pretty good all around this season.

Also CGJ. He's shown some really impressive ability (also hilariously taunting Cohen because of his height). I wouldn't be surprised if he gets Apple's spot next week over Crawley. I thought CGJ showed good coverage ability in limited playing time.

I agree with everything you said except for CGJ starting on the outside. He is strictly a slot guy.

• Like 1

Guys, i know a win is a win, but the last 3 minutes of the game are going to have me annoyed all week long. 

grrrr. 

if we can collapse like that against the Bears, we can certainly collapse like that against a playoff team.

today was a good kick in the gut, i hope the players are annoyed with themselves as I am. they can be so much better.

(yes, I know not EVERYONE is to blame, but it's a team sport and EVERYONE can get better)

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1