Lionized

Vikings @ Lions GDT

Tough loss guys. The Lions are a tough team.

Your team is banged up and that's hard to overcome. It's also hard to be cheated by the refs like last week.

appreciate you guys being complimentary to the Vikings here. we've had our share of disappointments too over the years.

go get revenge on the Packers.

17 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I am so relieved to have lost legitimately. The Vikings clearly outplayed us. Credit to them.

I didn't get to see the end of the game but hats off to @vike daddy and @SteelKing728 's Vikes. They were the better team. With bias aside, it's actually nice to see Dalvin Cook live up to the pre-draft billing. It's nice to see a kid get his chance and overcome difficult circumstances. I just wish he was doing it on another team but what can ya do.

We were outplayed clear and simple. We can't stop the run and we can't run the ball ourselves. While our secondary gets a lot of credit, we've let rookies and guys off of the street look like future Pro Bowlers over the past two weeks. I probably put more blame on the defensive line there but the secondary needs to do its part.

This is a team that is still a couple pieces away. I won't bore our brothers in the purple and gold with that in any more detail but that's how it really feels after the last couple weeks.

Thanks man. That means a lot. The Lions are tough and still in the thick of things.

How do you guys like Darrell Bevell? I couldn't stand him minus the 2009 season, but I think he's doing pretty good for you guys. Stafford looks a lot better and Marvin Jones was unstoppable. He's put together a good offense.

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Thanks man. That means a lot. The Lions are tough and still in the thick of things.

How do you guys like Darrell Bevell? I couldn't stand him minus the 2009 season, but I think he's doing pretty good for you guys. Stafford looks a lot better and Marvin Jones was unstoppable. He's put together a good offense.

With the way the Packers are coming together and you guys have your offensive stuff figured out, I think we're going to be the third place team in the division. We're probably going to be the difference in which of the two teams wins the division but we aren't players for the crown.

In the passing game, I've really liked what Bevell has done. Stafford has a cannon and it's been unleashed but not in a reckless fashion. They're making the plays down field. We were all expecting the run game to improve and it has but only marginally. So that's still a big issue.

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

you guys sure are showing exemplary good sportsmanship. the Lions forum has really arrived.

Unless we're talking about the Lions... then it's all downhill

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I really like the way the passing offense is functioning right now. They're giving Hockenson a number of chances to get comfortable while taking frequent deep shots (which I feel benefits Stafford's skillset, and which has been lacking). The struggles in the running game are holding us back considerably. (Watching Cook get stopped on that 2nd and goal, just to shake the tackler and get into the end zone, was exactly what I haven't seen a Lions' running back do in quite some time.) His blend of speed and strength, combined with the run blocking, will make you guys dangerous in the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I really like the way the passing offense is functioning right now. They're giving Hockenson a number of chances to get comfortable while taking frequent deep shots (which I feel benefits Stafford's skillset, and which has been lacking). The struggles in the running game are holding us back considerably. (Watching Cook get stopped on that 2nd and goal, just to shake the tackler and get into the end zone, was exactly what I haven't seen a Lions' running back do in quite some time.) His blend of speed and strength, combined with the run blocking, will make you guys dangerous in the playoffs.

On your comments related to Cook - do you think that KJ is capable of that and it's the line holding him back? Or do you think that he's a good but not great RB that is likely to be more successful in a committee?

21 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

On your comments related to Cook - do you think that KJ is capable of that and it's the line holding him back? Or do you think that he's a good but not great RB that is likely to be more successful in a committee?

I don’t think KJ is THE guy. He’s a person who seems to do most things decent but nothing is extraordinary. I think he’ll be a decent #1 but no where near a bell cow 

38 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I don’t think KJ is THE guy. He’s a person who seems to do most things decent but nothing is extraordinary. I think he’ll be a decent #1 but no where near a bell cow 

I want to think of him as the next great Lions RB but I feel like he's a committee guy and that the Lions aren't even opposed to going that route. Ride the hot hand.

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I want to think of him as the next great Lions RB but I feel like he's a committee guy and that the Lions aren't even opposed to going that route. Ride the hot hand.

I’d like to as well. He has shown flashes here and there and may not even be the brunt of the problem, I just haven’t seen enough to think he can be the guy.