Lions VS Vikings Takeaways

Just Want A Title

I am watching the end of this game and here is what I noticed:

1.  The Lions offense put up a lot of points but never really seem to have a good rhythm.  Marvin Jones erupted but Golladay was completely erased.  Hockenson continues to be quiet.  They still don't have an identity this far into the season.  The Vikings have a good defense but something's not right.  Darrel Bevell hasn't figured out how to use his players yet.

2.  Matthew Stafford is playing some great football.  He is making great decisions and has taking good care of the football.   

3.  Why doesn't Marvin Hall get more snaps?  I would love to see him run a skinny post or a deep crossing route.

4.  We need better production from our TEs.  As mentioned above, Hockenson continues to be be quiet.  Jesse James is invisible.  Logan Thomas, for all of his physical gifts, is producing like a #3TE

5. We have absolutely zero pass-rush.  We have no chance unless we can put the QB on his back.  There is no excuse for our lack of QB pressure and sacks

6.  Every time John Atkins is in the game good things happen.  Why doesn't he get more snaps?  Same goes for Kevin Strong.

7.  Devon Kenard is solid but Christian Jones hasn't been playing well the last couple of games.  We need better performance from our OLBs

9. I think they need to move Jarrad Davis OLB and let Tavai play more at ILB.  

10.  The Lions Defense can't get off the field on third down.  You can't win like that.

11.  One of the bright spots in defense is Tracy Walker.  He has been playing really well.  

12.  Paul Pasqualoni needs to be replaced.  He may have a ton of experience but our defense just isn't getting it done.

13.  This team needs shake-up.  Whether it is a coordinator change or a trade, it doesn't matter.  

Thoughts?

Discouraging game. 
Not much went right for them today they simply got outplayed.

While discouraging I’m not surprised. A short week coming off an emotional loss can be tough.

The Vikings were clearly a better team today and deserve full marks for the win.

The season isn’t over but the Lions don’t have much time to get it together. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Discouraging game. 
Not much went right for them today they simply got outplayed.

While discouraging I’m not surprised. A short week coming off an emotional loss can be tough.

The Vikings were clearly a better team today and deserve full marks for the win.

The season isn’t over but the Lions don’t have much time to get it together. 

I disagree. Call the fat lady in because this season is over! No pass rush, can't stop the run, no running game. Wash, rinse, repeat!