Well does Fatty Patricia get fired?

BZski

Defense is a joke!

Flowers is an overpaid do nothing!

Snacks got paid so doesn't give a F anymore.

Kerryons annual injury should put him out for a while.

Slay has a "hamstring" injury that will probably only be cured by a new contract.

We have the dumbest LBs in the league! Why is JD still playing MLB?

So who are we trading? We could probably get something for Danny A, Melvin, maybe Slay, MJ jr, A Shawn, everyone not named Stafford, Hockenson, and Ragnow should be available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimeForChange said:

Trade Stafford

Draft Jalen Hurts

All issues will then be resolved

This may be the dumbest thing I have read in a while! Jalen fing Hurts....jeez guys let's get real here. Hurts is a poor mans Lamar Jackson! No thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BZski said:

This may be the dumbest thing I have read in a while! Jalen fing Hurts....jeez guys let's get real here. Hurts is a poor mans Lamar Jackson! No thanks!

Jalen Hurts is a combination of Peyton Manning’s intelligence, Tom Brady’s championships, Brees accuracy, Marino’s arm, Stafford’s Toughness, and Harrington’s good looks.

I don't think anyone goes. I think it's obvious the defensive line is a major flop for this year, but if it could be fixed, I still think other areas of the team are solid. But damn do they ever need to bite the bullet and get just one star pass rusher, i don't care what you have to give up. Trade up in the draft, whatever you have to do.

I get the frustration and we looked terrible on D and still cant run the ball.

Flowers and James look overpaid....even Coleman to an extent. Hes strictly a slot and provides no value on the outside.

I'm not willing to even start thinking about firing Patricia. Our D has been ravaged by injuries and has over performed mostly up to this game.

Davis has actually regressed. Hes looking like a bust. Tavai had a bad game today too. 

If your looking for immediate blame I'd point more towards Quinn to be honest.

It's a long season and were still very much alive for a wild card. We gotta go on a nice run here though through the middle of the season. 

The title alone makes me almost not want to respond but here goes.

Patricia and Quinn aren't going anywhere for the rest of the season. Maybe it'd be different if we're sitting here at the same time next season. At that point I can see the team trading Stafford, firing Patricia and looking to move on toward yet another rebuild.

This team has shown a lot of promise but it's also shown that it has some holes. We dominated Arizona for 3/4 of that game. That should have been a W for us. We beat the Eagles and Chargers. We lost to the Packers only thanks to the refs. We nearly beat the Chiefs. We were beat soundly by the Vikings. We should be sitting at 4-2 and we could easily be 5-1 if not for a boneheaded move on 4th and 8. We also aren't 5-1 because of these holes. We need some help at OL, our DL isn't getting to the quarterback and we can't run the ball. With the way the rest of the defense is playing, if the DL gets improved we're probably going to see improved LB play... or at least be able to deal with it effectively.

We're all frustrated with where things are at right now. It'd be a huge knee jerk reaction to make the kind of moves suggested. The Lions are much more likely to be buyers than sellers at the deadline to try and shore up some of those missing pieces. When the team traded away Tate, it was a move that shocked all of us as it signaled they were packing things in and looking towards this year. If they trade away Marvin Jones or Slay, Lions fans aren't going to be as patient and understanding as we were last year.

• Like 1

I think Quin and Patricia should get a third year.  There are some things that I think could pay immediate dividends though:

1.  Move Jarrad Davis to OLB and and put Tavai inside as a starter.  Davis would be a terror at OLB and better than Christian Jones.  Tavai has flashed and should be on the field more.

2.  Replace Paul Pasqualoni as defensive coordinator.  We are just not getting it done.  

3.  Get Marvin Hall on the field more often.  His speed will create more space.  Skinny posts, standard post routes, whatever.  

4.  Simplify our offensive blocking schemes.  There are way too many problems and guys look like they are thinking too much.

5.  Make a trade that will improve out RT position or our pass rush.  Or both.  

3 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I think Quin and Patricia should get a third year.  There are some things that I think could pay immediate dividends though:

1.  Move Jarrad Davis to OLB and and put Tavai inside as a starter.  Davis would be a terror at OLB and better than Christian Jones.  Tavai has flashed and should be on the field more.

2.  Replace Paul Pasqualoni as defensive coordinator.  We are just not getting it done.  

3.  Get Marvin Hall on the field more often.  His speed will create more space.  Skinny posts, standard post routes, whatever.  

4.  Simplify our offensive blocking schemes.  There are way too many problems and guys look like they are thinking too much.

5.  Make a trade that will improve out RT position or our pass rush.  Or both.  

I second all of this minus getting rid of Pasqualoni, at least mid-season. If Patricia wants to handle more of those duties directly then so be it.