Well does Fatty Patricia get fired?

BZski

12 hours ago, Superduperman said:

OK. this makes more sense now.

I'm not going to go on and on about this. You're still too young to know better. It will take 10 or 15 years for you to understand. But if Martha dies and Sheila takes over as owner for the foreseeable future, you will get there.

This is rather dismissive. I'm 35 and have been watching the team since 2006. I know it's not as long as most of you guys but I'm also not from Detroit or Michigan. It's a decent amount of time invested for an adopted team. 

My prediction for next year isn't going to change - Matt Patricia is not going to get fired this seasn. If the Lions are at or below 0.500 by week 6 of next year, they will clean house. If things implode right away they could do it by week 4 or week 5. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

This is rather dismissive. I'm 35 and have been watching the team since 2006. I know it's not as long as most of you guys but I'm also not from Detroit or Michigan. It's a decent amount of time invested for an adopted team. 

My prediction for next year isn't going to change - Matt Patricia is not going to get fired this seasn. If the Lions are at or below 0.500 by week 6 of next year, they will clean house. If things implode right away they could do it by week 4 or week 5. 

Yeah, its dismissive, but frankly I don't have the inclination to type out a whole argument about it at this point - it's not worth my energy, and you don't seem like the type to listen enough to gain any benefit from it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Yeah, its dismissive, but frankly I don't have the inclination to type out a whole argument about it at this point - it's not worth my energy, and you don't seem like the type to listen enough to gain any benefit from it.

I'm open minded to constructive arguments. There hasn't been anything constructive about "nobody goes into the season with a plan to fire the coaches after 6 games" - you're right but they also are less likely to let it for another full year with an aging quarterback on yet another rebuild. Which is why I predict that if the team isn't on the right track, they'll start moving pieces like Stafford, Slay (if he's on the roster to start 2020), Marvin Jones, etc. with an eye towards a rebuild in 2021. The first part of that would be to fire the Head Coach.

"Quinn hasn't drafted anyone good" - NFL GM's typically have a 50% hit rate. He's hit on a number of mid-round guys like Golladay, Walker and Hand. The only truly questionable pick was Hockenson at #8 and he's a TBD as a rookie TE. Tabor is a close second. 

If you want to share an opinion in a constructive fashion, I'm all ears. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Some guy named David Blough is starting at QB.

Oh boy. 

Well, he's no Nathan Peterman! ;) 1st regular season start and in front of the whole world, you need to be ecstatic! He's had a tremendous 1st game!

Your defense being bad shouldn't come as a shocker. Our defenses under him routinely got shredded by mediocre quarterbacks until being culminated by getting completely dominated by Nick Foles of all people. There's a reason ourndefense improved after he left.

10 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Did your really want them to win today? 

I don't know how anyone expected they were going to win or why they would want them to. It would only hurt our draft position and who are we kidding when we have our 3rd string QB at the helm? Don't get me wrong - Blough greatly surpassed my expectations and looked really sharp. He also doesn't play defense. The Bears marched along at will on that first drive of the game. Blough wasn't covering Anthony Miller on two big plays. The offense hasn't been the issue all season and it wasn't this week either. 

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't know how anyone expected they were going to win or why they would want them to. It would only hurt our draft position and who are we kidding when we have our 3rd string QB at the helm? Don't get me wrong - Blough greatly surpassed my expectations and looked really sharp. He also doesn't play defense. The Bears marched along at will on that first drive of the game. Blough wasn't covering Anthony Miller on two big plays. The offense hasn't been the issue all season and it wasn't this week either. 

The Detroit Lions are so historically bad the fan base actually hopes they lose for a better draft pick. Not that a better pick will help. I doubt any other team in the NFL has averaged a higher draft position than the Lions over the past 40 years.

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

The Detroit Lions are so historically bad the fan base actually hopes they lose for a better draft pick. Not that a better pick will help. I doubt any other team in the NFL has averaged a higher draft position than the Lions over the past 40 years.

Sometimes you have to step backwards in order to step forwards. And yes, I know that this franchise has been stepping backwards like Michael Jackson in the Thriller video. 

We need a pass-rusher. Assuming the Bengals stay at #1, there is very little chance that they don't take Joe Burrow. A generational talent is going to be available in Chase Young. A franchise LT in Andrew Thomas could be available. Skill guys like Jerry Jeudy or Ceedee Lamb will be there. A QBOTF like Tua could be sitting there for us. Or we could trade down for a number of franchise changing picks. 

The team is competing and fighting. They aren't finishing. So they're missing some pieces. They didn't lay down and then get rolled over by the Bears. Which is what I expected would happen. I figured Blough wouldn't be up to the task, the Bears would get multiple sacks, Prater would get about 3 long FG's and Chicago's defense would have at least one score of their own from a fumble, INT, etc. The only game they've really been blown out in was the Vikings game. Otherwise, they've been in every single game. 

12 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Sometimes you have to step backwards in order to step forwards. And yes, I know that this franchise has been stepping backwards like Michael Jackson in the Thriller video. 

We need a pass-rusher. Assuming the Bengals stay at #1, there is very little chance that they don't take Joe Burrow. A generational talent is going to be available in Chase Young. A franchise LT in Andrew Thomas could be available. Skill guys like Jerry Jeudy or Ceedee Lamb will be there. A QBOTF like Tua could be sitting there for us. Or we could trade down for a number of franchise changing picks. 

The team is competing and fighting. They aren't finishing. So they're missing some pieces. They didn't lay down and then get rolled over by the Bears. Which is what I expected would happen. I figured Blough wouldn't be up to the task, the Bears would get multiple sacks, Prater would get about 3 long FG's and Chicago's defense would have at least one score of their own from a fumble, INT, etc. The only game they've really been blown out in was the Vikings game. Otherwise, they've been in every single game. 

At this point I would be more upset for them winning games. I just don’t get why people are throwing their arms up in the air complaining that we’re losing with a third string QB. The players you mentioned above would be huge for us.