80/20 rule how to FIX it.

G

Years ago while studying Anthony Robbins material I heard a 80/20 rule or was it 90/10. Either way it was to talk about a SOLUTION the majority of the time and the problem the least. So with that in mind and the trade deadline coming up, lets see ideas to make the Raiders better. Reading the game thread I see a lot of us arguing but I think I'm seeing the 'issue'

Those of us supporting Carr aren't saying he's 2016 form but that building around him instead of drafting a new QB is the way to go at this time. We can win playoff games and Carr can improve with time. I don't think any of us are saying to sign him to another contract and having him retire a Raider. If he got back to 2016 form CONSISTENTLY then none of us would probably have a problem with that. Of course it'd be 35 million buy that time because we've got him for 20/21/22 with 21 mil average. Getting another teams 'cast off' will cost that or more and not 'FIX' anything.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but those wanting to dump Carr mean next year he's gone and we roll with a rookie QB. Now we won't have a top 5 pick and probably not a top 10 pick so we'd have to mortgage our future to even get that close. So a rookie with no WR's is still a bad plan IMO. Rookies need to develop and if you want to draft the next tier QB and have Carr start while the rookie sits a season, then I could see that. I think the move to Vegas has too much 'hype' to change everything and I thought that's what would have happened had we kept Del 
Rio but we made the splash with Gruden already.

Now I hope you're not wanting to dump Carr and go with our other QB's to suck worse than Miami. Never going to happen. As long as we're still 'in it' I want this team to FIGHT and it looks like they do too. We will probably lose to superior teams but we aren't the many bottom dwellers we see with worse records. We've middle of the pack and able to get better so...

What to do to get better?

Pass Rush   we NEED to add a vet or two. Bennett and Beasley would be my 'FIX' 

I'd like a WR too and a back up to Jacobs but pass rush must be addressed ASAP

EDIT: For next year I'm keeping Carr and looking to see what QB's slip to late 1st. Either trade down or trade up. No problem taking one to develop with our 3rd either. Not replacing Carr now, but insurance and maybe a Romo type. Rodgers sat behind for 3 years so...5th year option isn't out of the question.

Edited by G
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, G said:

What to do to get better?

Pass rushers, a LB who isn't a psychopath, and a couple of WRs.

Between FA and the draft, if we hit on a couple of quality pieces at these positions, we'll be closer than most would have expected us to be going into Vegas, imo.

• Like 1