Are the Chargers struggles purely because of injury?

Slingin' Sammy

13 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

623551774-e1481680237873.jpg

So it all starts with this guy. He's the guy that was offered the existing stadium in San Diego, and the land under it but turned his nose up at the offer because he wanted developmental rights to the land surrounding the stadium as well. He pushed for a do or die ballot initiative in San Diego CITY, without allowing any significant amount of time before the ballot. Despite the counties interest in keeping the team, he turned down an offer from the NFL to further sweeten the pot to stay of 100 million in free money towards renovating the QUALCOMM site and instead opted to pay 500 million to relocate to Los Angeles and be a tenant in the Ram's building. That has worked out to the tune of the best sign of support the Chargers have in Los Angeles, is the weekly flyovers from the San Diego fans calling Spanos an Inept Weasel.

On to the nepotism of putting his sons who are qualified by being his sons in positions of power. https://www.thescore.com/news/766594 On Paper they control both football and Business operations of the club.

Let's not forget that this is the same weasel that kept Dr Chao on staff for years despite all the license reviews and claims of malpractice versus the former Chargers doctor. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/06/19/chargers-doctor-chao-hospitals-barred-surgery/2439715/ Reoccurring theme here with the current medical staff.

The team is run by a loser and will be losers. This was still enough when it was San Diego's team that I loved them. Now they are Los Angeles' problem. Rivers is my last tie to the team and barring some major changes in the way it is run, I can't see myself continuing to support them when he and his 42 kids are gone.

Lynn was hired following Mccoy and Norv. Milk toast coaches that won't cause waves. Lynn is milk toast and had some early success due to having stability at QB. I give him no other credit other then he was lucky enough to not get in Rivers' way too much. Once teams figured out the teams only option was to rely on River's and decode the offense, then the wheels fell off, just like with Mike and Norv. You add in Telesco completely ignoring the offensive line despite going into the offseason with SAM FREAKIN TEVI as a starter and you can see why this team, quite frankly looks like steaming monkey poo and smells like it too. Injuries hurt. Every team has injuries though. This is an organizational problem though. It goes back through coaches, GM's and straight back to our inept ownership that we can't fire. Lets not forget the famous GM AJ SMITH saying, "We Want to get back to being a playoff team." He didn't say a championship like Belichick says. No, the playoffs are quite enough for the Chargers.  https://www.pe.com/2012/01/03/chargers-turner-aj-smith-coming-back/ They just need to keep collecting that NFL shared revenue. Spanos is a weasel and the NFL should remove him because he has no interest in producing a winner. I promise, once Rivers is gone, this franchise will be 00's  Cleveland Browns, or 70's Buccaneers type of bad.

Scum.

One other thing: it's easy to blame Spanos but the city government was also responsible for what happened. It's one of the reasons why I don't see an NFL ever coming back to SD. But maybe that's for the best. Having your own NFL team is nice but it also creates a lot of other issues that I don't think a city like SD could deal with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

One other thing: it's easy to blame Spanos but the city government was also responsible for what happened. It's one of the reasons why I don't see an NFL ever coming back to SD. But maybe that's for the best. Having your own NFL team is nice but it also creates a lot of other issues that I don't think a city like SD could deal with.

Yeah I think this is what people need to realize.

The city of San Diego didn't help the situation at all. It was really obvious that Qualcomm stadium was completely run down and even if you renovated it that was basically just putting makeup on a dead body. It was enough of a miracle that Petco Park got built which costed a fraction of what building an NFL Stadium costs.

And I think that should lead to the bigger point - I blame the NFL for inflating the cost of NFL stadiums to be so ridiculously high and expecting taxpayer money to help fund them. This LA stadium is supposed to cost 5 bil? The Vegas stadium will cost several bil. The Falcons stadium just costed billions.

It's ridiculous.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

Yeah I think this is what people need to realize.

The city of San Diego didn't help the situation at all. It was really obvious that Qualcomm stadium was completely run down and even if you renovated it that was basically just putting makeup on a dead body. It was enough of a miracle that Petco Park got built which costed a fraction of what building an NFL Stadium costs.

And I think that should lead to the bigger point - I blame the NFL for inflating the cost of NFL stadiums to be so ridiculously high and expecting taxpayer money to help fund them. This LA stadium is supposed to cost 5 bil? The Vegas stadium will cost several bil. The Falcons stadium just costed billions.

It's ridiculous.

Pretty much this. It is absolutely ridiculous.

No its not injuries, its not lack of talent and its not RIVERS. Its simply oline. Chargers lost 3 games by being inept on the goalline. Its the difference between a heavly injured team being 5-2 to 2-5 (anyone who says otherwide doesnt watch this team). Our coordinators are trash. I believe in lynn. Its gus and ken who refuse to adjust. Gus refuses to blitz and refuses to play man coverage more frequently. Ken keeps running the same route concepts and keeps trying to incorporate Travis.

This team has turned it over 6 times on goalline series. 6 in 7 games. I have to think that is as bad as anyone ever. If they were just avg, theyd be atleast 4-3. 

Unfortunately situational ineptness is hard to fix mid season. I also think our oline coach is garbage. 

Its crazy every week i say i am quittting on this team, but they are good enough to turn it around and have quite a few times in the past. But if oline cant open running lanes and protect Rivers, there is no chance.

Rivers has made some bad throws, but that is due to 2015 Rivers. Oline is allowing constant pressure and he is forcing throws because of time to throw.

If oline improves, i 100% believe this team wins out. If they go from worst to atleast middle of the pack.

Edited by Bearerofnews
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

No its not injuries, its not lack of talent and its not RIVERS. Its simply oline. Chargers lost 3 games by being inept on the goalline. Its the difference between a heavly injured team being 5-2 to 2-5 (anyone who says otherwide doesnt watch this team). Our coordinators are trash. I believe in lynn. Its gus and ken who refuse to adjust. Gus refuses to blitz and refuses to play man coverage more frequently. Ken keeps running the same route concepts and keeps trying to incorporate Travis.

This team has turned it over 6 times on goalline series. 6 in 7 games. I have to think that is as bad as anyone ever. If they were just avg, theyd be atleast 4-3. 

Unfortunately situational ineptness is hard to fix mid season. I also think our oline coach is garbage. 

Its crazy every week i say i am quittting on this team, but they are good enough to turn it around and have quite a few times in the past. But if oline cant open running lanes and protect Rivers, there is no chance.

Rivers has made some bad throws, but that is due to 2015 Rivers. Oline is allowing constant pressure and he is forcing throws because of time to throw.

If oline improves, i 100% believe this team wins out. If they go from worst to atleast middle of the pack.

Our Coordinators are checked out. Ken has been so lackadaisical on the job that I wonder if he even wants to be here. It's no rumor that he got a offer from his alma mater to be HC. Gus on the other hand is just stubborn and Ramsay was right when he said that they ran the same plays over and over again in JAX with Gus. Both need to be replaced in off-season 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic said:

Our Coordinators are checked out. Ken has been so lackadaisical on the job that I wonder if he even wants to be here. It's no rumor that he got a offer from his alma mater to be HC. Gus on the other hand is just stubborn and Ramsay was right when he said that they ran the same plays over and over again in JAX with Gus. Both need to be replaced in off-season 

He was offered the job last year and we continue to do well on offense. We also did decently to start this year but lost points due to turnovers at key points. There are issues like trying to use Gordon over Ekeler.  But for the most part it seems the problem stem from OL. Now you can argue that lack of execution or continuing the same mistakes are a coaching issue and I would agree. But I think scheme wise for the most part this team has enough to be much better than they are now.

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

It's both trenches. Our interior DL can't seem to rush the passer or stop the run. It's basically Bosa doing everything and he nearly helped us win the game on Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

He was offered the job last year and we continue to do well on offense. We also did decently to start this year but lost points due to turnovers at key points. There are issues like trying to use Gordon over Ekeler.  But for the most part it seems the problem stem from OL. Now you can argue that lack of execution or continuing the same mistakes are a coaching issue and I would agree. But I think scheme wise for the most part this team has enough to be much better than they are now.

The thing with Whiz though is that he doesn't add any new wrinkles to his offense. If he does he'll go away from it for a weeks. His playcall on Gordon TD was gold but then he calls 3 straight runs to end the game.

1 hour ago, Classic said:

The thing with Whiz though is that he doesn't add any new wrinkles to his offense. If he does he'll go away from it for a weeks. His playcall on Gordon TD was gold but then he calls 3 straight runs to end the game.

I mean you should be able to run it from inside the one. I remember when he did the exact opposite in the Redskins game in 2013 and got crucified for that. There's time to be cute and a time to do your job.

The Chargers just look good on paper. Thats how they always have been even dating back to LT days. Like they have had so much talent but yet underachieve. There is always that one team in every sport thats like that. Injuries play a big part in football but its not like the Chargers are getting blown out all the time due to those injuries. They seemingly lose games that are close because they find a way to lose. How many different ways can a team find a way to lose? Like Sunday against the Titans was a new way to lose for the Chargers. It sucks too because coming into the season every year I believe with the talent the Chargers can finally do something. It wasnt really till like last recently where Im just like Im not picking the Chargers because every year its the same story. Injuries and the Chargers finding a way to lose games when they literally are in position to actually win.