MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

Current World Champions

Men's

UFC
Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic (18-2)
Light Heavyweight: Daniel Cormier (20-1; 1 NC)
Middleweight: Robert Whittaker (19-4)
Welterweight: Tyron Woodley (18-3-1)
Lightweight: Khabib Nurmagomedov (26-0)
Featherweight: Max Holloway (19-3)
Bantamweight: TJ Dillashaw (15-3)
Flyweight: Demetrious Johnson (27-2-1)

Bellator
Heavyweight: Vacant
Light Heavyweight: Ryan Bader (24-5)
Middleweight: Rafael Carvalho (15-1)
Welterweight: Rory MacDonald (20-4)
Lightweight: Brent Primus (8-0)
Featherweight: Patricio "Pitbull" Friere (26-4)
Bantamweight: Darrion Caldwell (11-1)

PFL
Heavyweight: Blagoy Ivanov (15-1; 1 NC)
Light Heavyweight: Vacant
Middleweight: Vacant
Welterweight: Vacant
Lightweight: Vacant
Featherweight: Andre Harrison (17-0)
Bantamweight: Bekbulat Magomedov (19-1)
Flyweight: Vacant

ONE
Heavyweight: Brandon Vera (15-7; 1 NC)
Light Heavyweight: Roger Gracie (8-2)
Middleweight: Aung La N Sang (20-10)
Welterweight: Ben Askren (18-0; 1 NC)
Lightweight: Martin Nguyen (10-2)
Featherweight: Martin Nguyen (10-2)
Bantamweight: Bibiano Fernandes (22-3)
Flyweight: Adriano Moraes (17-2)
Strawweight: Alex Silva (7-1)

Women's

UFC
Featherweight: Cris "Cyborg" Justino (20-1; 1 NC)
Bantamweight: Amanda Nunes (15-4)
Flyweight: Nicco Montano (5-2)
Strawweight: Rose Namajunas (8-3)

Invicta FC
Featherweight: Megan Anderson (8-2)
Bantamweight: Yana Kunitskaya (10-4; 1 NC)
Flyweight: Jennifer Maia (15-4-1)
Strawweight: Virna Jandiroba (12-0)
Atomweight: Vacant

Bellator
Featherweight: Julia Budd (11-2)
Flyweight: Illima-Lei Macfarlane (7-0)
Strawweight: Vacant

ONE
Strawweight: Jingnan Xiong (11-1)
Atomweight: Angela Lee (8-0)

Been watching videos of Joanna Jedrzejczyk and she is legit everything the UFC marketed Ronda Rousey to be.

I think I've said it a couple times before, but it's worth mentioning once again....she's arguable got the best boxing skills/technique and footwork in the UFC (including male fighters). 

9 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Been watching videos of Joanna Jedrzejczyk and she is legit everything the UFC marketed Ronda Rousey to be.

I think I've said it a couple times before, but it's worth mentioning once again....she's arguable got the best boxing skills/technique and footwork in the UFC (including male fighters). 

Yeah, the only thing missing from JJ's repertoire is power but that has more to do with size than anything. If she had power, she'd be the perfect fighter...her TDD and ability to get back to her feet is excellent, her footwork and striking are excellent and her gas tank is top notch. 

The only way she loses any time soon is if she gets flash KO'd. Don't see anyone with that type of power at 115 though. We thought Andrade was that person but we all saw how that went. Maybe Rose's growth will make her the one to take down JJ but, outside of Thug, I don't see anyone with any chance at beating her. 

5 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, the only thing missing from JJ's repertoire is power but that has more to do with size than anything. If she had power, she'd be the perfect fighter...her TDD and ability to get back to her feet is excellent, her footwork and striking are excellent and her gas tank is top notch. 

The only way she loses any time soon is if she gets flash KO'd. Don't see anyone with that type of power at 115 though. We thought Andrade was that person but we all saw how that went. Maybe Rose's growth will make her the one to take down JJ but, outside of Thug, I don't see anyone with any chance at beating her. 

Yea, her power definitely isn't anything worth noting, but that isn't much of a surprise considering her size like you said.

She just continues to impress. She grown a bunch as a MMA fighter from the early videos of her I've seen to now. 

Plus she's just a bada**...didn't hesitate for a second in requesting to step in last PPV after Nunes withdrew. 

Crazy Ben Askren isn't in the UFC. How the welter weights like Woodley can call them selves the best in the world and never fought that guy, is silly... Every one is terrified of that guy. If Maia is a human backpack , then Askren is a human crate on your back. 

Tim Boetsch is my dude by the way, i love that guy. He's not a world champion but he brings a great fight every time. I love that he looks like he could be my neighbor or just a normal guy i pass at the grocery store. I love to the dirty boxing finishes where he mauls the guy with one hand holding there head in place and just upper cuts and tight hooks. Love that guy. 

13 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

I think these MMA leagues really need to open up the competition and have there Champions fight each other every once and while. 

Do you mean organizations? 

That will never happen, with the UFC being the biggest opponent of it. They'd have nothing to gain from it in their POV. They'd risk their champion losing to a "lesser" organization and not only that, but the fighter their champion lost to would presumably be under contract, barring the UFC from poaching him for future events without a huge cost. 

5 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Do you mean organizations? 

That will never happen, with the UFC being the biggest opponent of it. They'd have nothing to gain from it in their POV. They'd risk their champion losing to a "lesser" organization and not only that, but the fighter their champion lost to would presumably be under contract, barring the UFC from poaching him for future events without a huge cost. 

I like the word leagues lol but what ever you need. 

They have nothing to gain? They have everything to gain. The bigger the fight, the bigger the purse, the bigger ppvs, , everything about is  better for every one, they are trying to make money on ppvs at the end of the day and people want to see the best fights possible if they are going to pay(specially if you want to dip into the non hardcore fans wallet , you got to make the biggest fights possible). And the way this game works, is yeah maybe one of your champions loses, but the guy who replaces him could end going on a terror and be the next big thing and murk the rest of the champions until some other guys comes. 

Archived