MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

Here are some fights I’d like to see(i an unaware of injuries but just looking at who i think doesnt have a fight soon)

2 of: Cruz/Garbrandt/Assunaco fight

Aldo vs Pettis

Lee vs Barboza

Nate Diaz vs Eddie Alvarez

Iaquinta vs Vick

Chiesa vs Poirier/Gaethje loser

Magny vs Lawler

Wonderboy vs Covington

Masvidal vs Usman

Till vs Maia

Jacare vs Weidman

Rockhold vs Gastelum or Manuwa if LHW

Uriah Hall vs Adesanya

DC vs Gusty...because why not?

Volkan vs Glover

Cain vs Stipe or Ngannou 

Blaydes vs Overeem

so Yoel announcing what we pretty much know, that ufc has told him he will get next shot at Whittaker.  On the heels of that, just wondering, has there ever been a title fight rematch that was more exciting the second time around? -  not trying to make an argument either way, just wondering

Only one I can think of is Jones-DC 2... Also not to say Whittaker-Romero 1 was bad, it wasnt necessarily a barn burner, but with Whittakers knee blown so early it was low-key a great fight seeing him battle through the injury to get such a huge win, over a guy who seemed unstoppable at the time

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

so Yoel announcing what we pretty much know, that ufc has told him he will get next shot at Whittaker.  On the heels of that, just wondering, has there ever been a title fight rematch that was more exciting the second time around? -  not trying to make an argument either way, just wondering

Any time the vast underdog wins I feel like the rematch is bigger.Like Joanna v Rose really wasnt a big deal bc no one gave Rose a chance but the rematch will be much bigger and probably more excited 

I’m hoping Romero comes with the same gameplan. He picks his shots to save his gas tank. 

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

Aldo-Mendes is the only one I can think of right now. 

2 hours ago, I <3 Faulk said:

JDS vs Velasquez 2 was crazy

I dunno if excitement was bigger than initial fight though. Initial fight was free on FOX and was a rare event of the 2 undisputed best in their prime. Given how it ended, while a rematch had to happen, it didn't have the same magic IMO.

Archived