MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

That was so mature the way he picked his shots after the elbow. Frankie's the best at getting rocked and coming back, but Brian was able to keep the perfect distance, keep calm and look for clean strikes, eventually landing that uppercut. He doesn't get enough credit for how intelligent his striking is, he gets finishes late because he reads the other guy, adapts, and finds openings. 

His fight against Holloway is going to be a classic

16 minutes ago, PAW said:

It is hard to get excited about any Cyborg fight. Such an obvious cheater it’s not even fun. She should never be the main event. 

I bet you'd be excited about a Jones fight. You were excited about the Ortega co-main who was caught way more recently than Cyborg and admitted to purposely using. There is a bunch of people who have been caught and no one even cares about it. And Cyborg got caught like 7 years ago.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I bet you'd be excited about a Jones fight. You were excited about the Ortega co-main who was caught way more recently than Cyborg and admitted to purposely using. There is a bunch of people who have been caught and no one even cares about it. And Cyborg got caught like 7 years ago.

Everyone is using some sort of PED. Some are just further ahead of USADA then others. 

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The majority of female fights don’t (or didn’t) abuse steroids. You can compare all the other top women fighters body types and none look anthing close to her. She looks like a man from abusing steroids so long. It makes it very unfair and the outcomes are basically predetermined. A man juicing gains nowhere near the advantage as a woman because most of the men are probably on something and even if they aren’t are still very muscular. Women are not meant to be that muscular and it is a huge advantage. It’s not the same thing as a man juicing and you can clearly tell that by her muscle definition compared to every other fighter. 

She also got caught using a masking agent in late 2016 so let’s not act like she’s been clean 7 years. 

6 minutes ago, PAW said:

She also got caught using a masking agent in late 2016 so let’s not act like she’s been clean 7 years. 

well, technically. But USADA cleared her of that and actually gave her an exemption to use it for a while because she had to for medical purposes. A masking agent is also not a PED.

Also, I think most women don't look like her mostly because they don't emphasize strength training. Rose even said she basically doesn't do it. You don't think most girls couldn't get bigger if they wanted to? Someone like Joanna could easily put on muscle if they wanted to. I think most women don't think it is worth the squeeze. 

Lastly, I don't think there is a steroid that helps you punch harder. It's not like she overpowered Holly or Yana, they both actually handled her when it came to strength positions (like the clinch). She picked Holly apart mostly due to strategy/technique. 

Per usual i watched it the next morning.

Really sucks about Lombard/Dolloway

Dodson won that fight and I’m shocked Munoz got 2 rounds from someone. John easily won the 1st so you gave Munoz 2 and 3 even though he got no GnP or sub attempts on that Takedown?...glad it didnt cost Dodson 

Dern came in a 1 trick pony and for 14 minutes that 1 trick got her no where but man when she gets you to the ground she is so freakin nasty as we expected. She needs to tighten up that striking for sure though 

Hernandez ? yea the start was a tad shady but WOW he is lightning quick

Idk how Cat was given 2 rounds by any judge

Archived