MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

Ahh ****, here we go. Khabib wants off til November and wants GSP. Another bum champion picking opponents and dictating everything.

Thinks Ferguson tripping is the same as being unprofessional and snacking while about to cut 35 lbs and Ferg should earn a fight with Khabib.

6 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Ahh ****, here we go. Khabib wants off til November and wants GSP. Another bum champion picking opponents and dictating everything.

Thinks Ferguson tripping is the same as being unprofessional and snacking while about to cut 35 lbs and Ferg should earn a fight with Khabib.

Well, considering that your average camp is what?  3-4 months?  And he's about to embark on a month of fasting due to Ramadan, so he won't be training for a month because when you're fasting from sunrise to sunset it's pretty freaking difficult to train.  November's really not that unreasonable.  If he gets back to a regular training regimen by the 1st of June, 3-4 months worth of camp puts us at October... another month isn't going to kill anyone.

Man, that one reporter that can't articulate what he's trying to say is just beyond hard to listen to. He asks dumb questions and doesn't listen to what the fighters have said.

He legit asked Rose how it felt to hear "And New" a moment ago. He also asked JJ whether she was going to stop fighting. He's a turd.

I'm really interested to see how Rose handles Andrade. A few fights ago I would have said Andrade is a big favorite, but Rose's game is really evolving, and her striking is just getting better and better. Looking forward to that one big time.

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Something's off with Joe today. He had a couple of real awkward post fight interviews. There's the rubbish about Khabib's striking getting exposed, forgetting that he's outstruck Al by like 100 strikes. maybe he couldn't get a decent dealer in NY.

He clearly meant Khabib’s striking is getting exposed in the context of vs Conor and probably even Tony. Not against Iaquinta.

I never did understand those who said Khabib would run through McGregor. I’m not particularly a fan of anyone, but Conor would sleep him easily.

8 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

There's apparently this blueprint to beating Khabib, yet no one has managed it so far. I think that's what makes him so exciting. Everyone thinks the next guy is the one to exploit those holes, then a few rounds later they're looking like they just went through a meat grinder.

Yea is there really this blueprint though? Dont get me wrong the fact he has holes but is so great at what he does does make for stylistic matchups that are fun which is why i wanted to see Tony fight him again. The blueprint of stopping TDs and hoping Khabib is stupid enough to wing those things he calls punches for a round or 2 and avoid TDs is there but mostly its up to Khabib

8 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

After watching this fight, I think Tony is that guy. Tony's incredibly difficult to keep on the ground and he's an insane striker. If they can't get GSP for November, they HAVE to book that fight again.

I want it. I want that fight badly. But isn't Dana too bull-headed to ever book this fight again? Or if he does will he have Alvarez on standby or something?

8 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I'm gonna laugh when Iaquinta's ranking goes up after getting 50-44, 50-43 (x2) because #UFC

At first thought, i figured he sort of earned it considering he survived if you want to call it that but it would be laughable if he jumped Chiesa in the standings given he lost his fight to Conor's dolly 

8 hours ago, The LBC said:

Well, considering that your average camp is what?  3-4 months?  And he's about to embark on a month of fasting due to Ramadan, so he won't be training for a month because when you're fasting from sunrise to sunset it's pretty freaking difficult to train.  November's really not that unreasonable.  If he gets back to a regular training regimen by the 1st of June, 3-4 months worth of camp puts us at October... another month isn't going to kill anyone.

Fighting 2 times in 1 year isn't like he is taking it slow either. I think 2 a year is generally an acceptable # of fights too. He could have essentially scrapped the card by not putting up with the whole Fern-Hurt, Holloway-unfit, and Al-Who? I'll give him his leeway if it means he fights in November. Conor won't be fighting then anyways. GSP or Tony(he would healthy by then no?) 

Archived