MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

9 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

This is not a title eliminator fight- both Lee and Barboza showed they're not in the same class as Khabib and Ferguson and neither deserve a shot right now. I'd say McGregor or Alvarez is next for whoever wins the fight. I have a feeling that if Khabib wins it's going to be Khabib/Conor and if Ferguson wins it's going to be Ferguson/Alavarez.

I get that and tbh i forgot about Alvarez...opps

Why you think the winner would defend vs someone different? Is Khabib/Conor because an Ireland/Russia ME would go bonkers? Why not Ferg/Conor?

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why you think the winner would defend vs someone different? Is Khabib/Conor because an Ireland/Russia ME would go bonkers? Why not Ferg/Conor?

Not enough money for McGregor to fight Ferguson IMO - the money fight is Khabib/McGregor and that's  . If it turns out like that I believe McGregor either fights Diaz or try to bump up and fight Woodley. 

1 hour ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Not enough money for McGregor to fight Ferguson IMO - the money fight is Khabib/McGregor and that's  . If it turns out like that I believe McGregor either fights Diaz or try to bump up and fight Woodley. 

That really sucks if its the case but if we’re talking money fight why would anyone who saw Woodley’s last 3 fights want to pay for that one moreso than Ferguson?

48 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That really sucks if its the case but if we’re talking money fight why would anyone who saw Woodley’s last 3 fights want to pay for that one moreso than Ferguson?

The opportunity for  McGregor to win a belt in three different weight classes? Come on now - people would go NUTS for that. McGregor would hype the **** out of the fight, regardless of how boring Woodley (something I disagree with) has been in his past few fights. 

JMO, obviously but I don't know if Ferguson and McGregor is a big enough fight for McGregor to take. 

30 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

The opportunity for  McGregor to win a belt in three different weight classes? Come on now - people would go NUTS for that. McGregor would hype the **** out of the fight, regardless of how boring Woodley (something I disagree with) has been in his past few fights. 

JMO, obviously but I don't know if Ferguson and McGregor is a big enough fight for McGregor to take. 

Yea that’s how they’d sell it but speaking just for you would you rather he face Woodley or Ferguson?

24 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Okay, was just checking. I get the 3 different weight class thing but are people really so enamored with that, that they would rather see a lesser actual fight though? Seems so stupid but i guess more casuals care about that? Idk

You think a Woodley/Conor fight would be a 'lesser actual fight' than Conor/Tony? 

There is a way higher chance that Conor runs right through Tony than Woodley. Tactically, I think Woodley/Conor would be at a way higher level than Tony/Conor. I feel like Tony/Conor is gonna be let's see if Tony can take the beating and make it through and if he does, he will win.

Now I would never make that Woodley/Conor because it makes no sense to. Maybe that is what you are referring to.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Okay, was just checking. I get the 3 different weight class thing but are people really so enamored with that, that they would rather see a lesser actual fight though? Seems so stupid but i guess more casuals care about that? Idk

"lesser fight"? Not even close

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

You think a Woodley/Conor fight would be a 'lesser actual fight' than Conor/Tony? 

There is a way higher chance that Conor runs right through Tony than Woodley. Tactically, I think Woodley/Conor would be at a way higher level than Tony/Conor. I feel like Tony/Conor is gonna be let's see if Tony can take the beating and make it through and if he does, he will win.

Now I would never make that Woodley/Conor because it makes no sense to. Maybe that is what you are referring to.

I agree it doesnt make much sense but i don’t understand why people want to see Woodley after his last 3 fights were snoozers. At least Tony puts on a show. They will stand and trade back and forth. It is much more likely to be a war than with Woodley

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The majority of people aren't going to care about the level of fighter McGregor is facing. Most of these people didn't even know who Jose Aldo was coming into their fight, when Aldo was the top 3 p4p and all-time MMA great. In the case of Ferguson/Woodley, they see McGregor vs some guy or McGregor vs some guy at a higher weight class (who also happens to look like a superhero). Your layman would definitely be more excited for a Woodley fight.

Pretty much all of us true fans would rather see Ferguson-McGregor, but we're going to watch this fight no matter who it is. No one here is going to watch him fight Ferg but not if he fights Woodley, so this opinion is kind of irrelevant to the UFC.

Just now, jfinley88 said:
pennington gonna get murked. good thing she sat on that miesha win for like a year and a half. guess no other options were really better now that im looking at it. 

yeah. It's not really talked about a whole lot, but Nunes has kinda cleared out the womens BW division. Sure it's not deep like mens FW or LW, but it's still impressive nonetheless. Raquel will probably get smashed, but I'd rather see Nunes stay active, even if no one is at her level yet...

btw just looked at the rankings, and realized Holly is 1-4 in her last 5 fights (to her credit, she has been fighting the best competition), and she's the #1 contender. Interesting. Pena is #2, and she's pregnant. looks like Viera vs Zingano at 222 will be a title eliminator. Seems like a Holm-De Randamie rematch could happen at 135 as well. top 5 matchup in the division, and the history of that fight will probably make for a good Fox ME.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You just said you’d rather see him face Ferg than Woodley. So wouldnt that make the Woodley fight a lesser fight for you?

My opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things - however, I'd rather not see McGregor "defend" a belt he never lost vs trying to get another belt. 

...but if you think Woodley is a lesser fight then Ferguson then you're solely mistaken. Just think about the promos of McGregor, the biggest star the UFC has ever had, going for a title in a third divison. That's unrivaled to anything else he or the UFC could do right now. 

Archived