MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

12 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

The majority of people aren't going to care about the level of fighter McGregor is facing. Most of these people didn't even know who Jose Aldo was coming into their fight, when Aldo was the top 3 p4p and all-time MMA great. In the case of Ferguson/Woodley, they see McGregor vs some guy or McGregor vs some guy at a higher weight class (who also happens to look like a superhero). Your layman would definitely be more excited for a Woodley fight.

Pretty much all of us true fans would rather see Ferguson-McGregor, but we're going to watch this fight no matter who it is. No one here is going to watch him fight Ferg but not if he fights Woodley, so this opinion is kind of irrelevant to the UFC.

The 2nd part does make sense but it just seems like the casuals are so freakin dumb but they make up a larger % of viewers. We definitely will watch Conor no matter what

10 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

My opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things - however, I'd rather not see McGregor "defend" a belt he never lost vs trying to get another belt. 

...but if you think Woodley is a lesser fight then Ferguson then you're solely mistaken. Just think about the promos of McGregor, the biggest star the UFC has ever had, going for a title in a third divison. That's unrivaled to anything else he or the UFC could do right now. 

Isnt Conor’s appeal simply Conor though? Like no matter who he is fighting or what the stakes are it doesn't matter. The casuals that love Conor probably dont even know he was the FW champion. 

Stephens landing a clear illegal knee in the finishing exchange. Didn't land flush, but it landed and that's 100% illegal. Don't think the knee won him the fight - Emmett was already done by that point - but by the rules that fight should have been a NC/DQ. Wouldn't surprise me if it was overturned at a later date to a NC.

If it stands, Stephens may just have a case for the nest shot after Edgar/Ortega winner. It's tough for him because he's already lost to both Edgar and Holloway, but then again he seems to be fighting at a higher level since his losses to Edgar and Moicano. I would like him to fight and win again before getting a shot though... the Korean Zombie would be perfect if he's healthy again.

Re-watching the card but unfortunately i ruined myself with spoilers

Sam Avery with the W!! Love his post-fight interviews. He's a riot and such a goober. I love your oranges!! Make a joke about DC moving to HW 2 days after Alvey goes to 205 lol A nice betting underdog victory and an even bigger one by Griffin!

12 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Barao has a ridiculous chin. Weird because dudes that have cardio issues usually can't take a beating.

Barao and Aldo need to get on EPO.

At least Aldo is still good and can beat Edgar and everyone else at FW. Barao cant beat ANYONE. Yea okay he lost to TJ like Aldo did Holloway twice but to lose to Sterling and Kelleher? What is wrong with you Renan?

Archived