MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

Just watched the ME. The 1st round was really close i thought. Did Stephens throw an illegal knee? Yea he threw it and i think it landed slightly, but definitely not flush. Still illegal though. The elbows to the back of the head too were not so good either. Surprised DC pointed it out because he looked to try and say the knees were fine at first.

11 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Stephens landing a clear illegal knee in the finishing exchange. Didn't land flush, but it landed and that's 100% illegal. Don't think the knee won him the fight - Emmett was already done by that point - but by the rules that fight should have been a NC/DQ. Wouldn't surprise me if it was overturned at a later date to a NC.

If it stands, Stephens may just have a case for the nest shot after Edgar/Ortega winner. It's tough for him because he's already lost to both Edgar and Holloway, but then again he seems to be fighting at a higher level since his losses to Edgar and Moicano. I would like him to fight and win again before getting a shot though... the Korean Zombie would be perfect if he's healthy again.

I would have liked to see a flurry of punches officially put it away though as i'm sure you did too. It wasn't until that knee landed, albeit not a big one that it seemed he was done for good.

I would like to see Stephen fight 1 more time as well. Lamas and Cub are coming off of losses so i'm not sure those wins would be as impressive but if he wants to stay active they might make the most sense too. 

let's get a Pick Em' thing going again.. i'll keep tabs. for every card i'll just pick the fights are worth picking. start with with this ufc 222 card

Frankie Edgar v. Brian Ortega
Cat Zingano v. Ketlan Vieira
Bryan Caraway v. Cody Stamann 
John Dodson v. Pedro Munhoz
Stefan Stuve v. Andrei Arlovski 
Sean O'Malley v. Andre Soukhamthath

Cyborg fight obvious. Yoder should be a showcase fight for Dern. Don't know the guy Dariush is fighting. Lombard/Dollaway is irrelevant. so 6 fights on this card. same value for all of the fights. will just keep tabs like records. 

1 hour ago, jfinley88 said:

let's get a Pick Em' thing going again.. i'll keep tabs. for every card i'll just pick the fights are worth picking. start with with this ufc 222 card

Frankie Edgar v. Brian Ortega
Cat Zingano v. Ketlan Vieira
Bryan Caraway v. Cody Stamann 
John Dodson v. Pedro Munhoz
Stefan Stuve v. Andrei Arlovski 
Sean O'Malley v. Andre Soukhamthath

Cyborg fight obvious. Yoder should be a showcase fight for Dern. Don't know the guy Dariush is fighting. Lombard/Dollaway is irrelevant. so 6 fights on this card. same value for all of the fights. will just keep tabs like records. 

Irrelevant but still should be a toss up imo. If Dolloway survives the 1st he wins. Glad someone is doing it. I got so far behind with it

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Wow.....I am not a fan of Colby, but this was kinda funny.  Definitely over the top, and super disrespectful...but I still LOL'd!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/2932c3de-170c-3231-afdd-6e575efd0ef0/ss_ufc-fighter-goes-too-far-with.html

He was super disrespectful but his is probably right. His GF, who he trains a couple times a week, probably doesn't have more knowledge about the sport than you.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He was super disrespectful but his is probably right. His GF, who he trains a couple times a week, probably doesn't have more knowledge about the sport than you.

Agreed.  And she IS super annoying.  I am not a fan of Perry either (although I respect his chin)  Had Perry not lost, a Covington v Perry matchup would be super intriguing.  I still would like to see it.

Archived