MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

9 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

well, technically. But USADA cleared her of that and actually gave her an exemption to use it for a while because she had to for medical purposes. A masking agent is also not a PED.

Also, I think most women don't look like her mostly because they don't emphasize strength training. Rose even said she basically doesn't do it. You don't think most girls couldn't get bigger if they wanted to? Someone like Joanna could easily put on muscle if they wanted to. I think most women don't think it is worth the squeeze. 

Lastly, I don't think there is a steroid that helps you punch harder. It's not like she overpowered Holly or Yana, they both actually handled her when it came to strength positions (like the clinch). She picked Holly apart mostly due to strategy/technique. 

Everyone knows the reason you take a masking agent. 

Do I think they could get bigger?  Sure, but they'd look more like Rousey.  Do i think girls who lifted a lot would look like this?  Absolutely not.

ripped-ladies.jpg

Those arms, shoulders, neck, etc. would be impressive for a guy.  The only other women I've seen with that type of definition are body builders, which is an activity rampant in steroid use even for women.

Steroids definitely make you punch harder-all else being equal.  They make you stronger and faster.  A 145 lb woman with 6% body fat is going to punch harder than the same woman at 145 lb with 12% body fat. 

Question: Is it just a UFC thing, but they keep talking about what Cyborg is doing as if it is the greatest thing to ever happen to women's MMA but other than Holm has she really beaten anyone? I mean like we're talking about people that dont even fight at her weight class normally. Is that really more impressive than what Rousey was doing?

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Question: Is it just a UFC thing, but they keep talking about what Cyborg is doing as if it is the greatest thing to ever happen to women's MMA but other than Holm has she really beaten anyone? I mean like we're talking about people that dont even fight at her weight class normally. Is that really more impressive than what Rousey was doing?

Ronda beat Miesha and Cat and that is pretty much it. And then got murked by Holly and Nunes. So yeah, as a whole Cyborg has a better resume.

22 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

they had a translator for Dern lmao

Dog that's legitimately the most ridiculous **** ever lmao

Card was solid. Continued build of Ortega & O'Malley & coming out party for that dude who wrecked Dariush. Ketlan is hella good too, she should get the shot over Raquel imo

20 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

hilarious way to do an interview lol

Not sure why he gets so much love, he isn't a super interesting personality. Looked great in the 1st round tho.

Kinda a cornball, but he was throwing wild ****.. Was thinking he was just hype after that last fight he had.. He's good I think. 

37 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

She's fighting those people because the top contenders are chicken ****.

Bingo.. Nobody is beating Cyborg except Megan Anderson who isn't ready yet. When she gets closer to a finished product I believe her striking can hang with Cyborg

Cris Cyborg v. Amanda Nunes (145 title fight)
Brian Ortega v. Max Holloway (145 title fight)
Ketlen Viera v. Raquel Pennington (135 title eliminator ~ Dana said Rocky/Nunes might be scrapped for cyborg v. nunes)
Andrei Arlovski v. Derrick Lewis
Sean O'Malley v. Benito Lopez
Mackenzie Dern v. Angela Hill
Alexander Hernandez v. David Teymur
John Dodson v. Raphael Assuncao
Cody Stamann v. Rob Font
Cat Zinano v. Sara McMann
Frankie Edgar v. Darren Elkins
Bryan Caraway v. Pedro Munhoz

id like these fights for the 222 crowd 

on the note of Dodson though, his contract is up in UFC & he wants to stay, but I'd like him in Bellator.. you can make the argument that the only guy he's lost to since 09' was demetrious.. but kinda feel like he's just a gate keeper in UFC at this point. 

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

She can only beat whoever is in front of her. She hasn't lost since getting submitted in her first pro fight, but the biggest thing is not who she is beating, but how she is beating them - she makes almost everyone look like rank amateurs in there with her. Can't fault her for destroying whoever is in front of her - even beating some without even stepping in the ring (de Randamie).

Nunes fight would definitely be a great opportunity for Cyborg to prove herself against a truly great, technical, seasoned WMMA fighter. If she goes and handles business in that fight, it will shut up a whole lot of those arguments. The steroid one will be the only one left for people to lean on.

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

Ortega's uppercut was nasty as hell. Took Frankie off his feet with it. Kid is legit and I can't wait for Holloway-Ortega.

Man, both guys just love to stand in the octagon and brawl. Unless someone gets knocked out early (seems unlikely given the chins both guys have shown), I really can't see this being anything other than a classic.

I'm going Ortega by 4th round submission

Archived