MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

Wrestling and BJJ can be incredibly boring if you don't understand the intricacies and rules of the sport.

When grappling/wrestling gets to a certain level of competition where both opponents are elite, a lot of times the loser is whoever makes that first mistake. Both opponents are working/waiting for that opening to happen.

I personally think high level wrestling/grappling is extremely fun to watch...Sakuraba vs Newton is one of my all time favorite "fights"  

Woodley vs Maia is going to be a really interesting fight. Woodley is as good as gts when comes to wrestling in MMA and it will be interesting to see what his game plan is going in both on offense and defense. Could see him saying hes not going to chance Maia taking him down, so he takes Maia down and just does what Woodley does best and just mauls Maia for a round and holds him down and repeats. 

6 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

feel v strongly that wood is gonna blitz maia and finish him in under 90 seconds. 

Thinking the same thing. I feel like woodley is going to be a lot to handle for maia and woodly is going to try and take advantage. If woodley comes out timid he will get caught in a sub.

The ABC (Association of Boxing Commissions) voted in 4 new weightclasses for Mixed Martial Arts officially today. Promotions don't have to use them (obviously) but the new weight classes are...

• 165 lbs (Super Lightweight)
  • 175 lbs (Super Welterweight)
  • 195 lbs (Super Middleweight)
  • 225 lbs (Cruiserweight)

Will be interesting to see what promotion uses the new classes first.

LOL

Woodley said in the pre-fight presser that "as a challenger, you step up and fight."

OH MY GOD IS THAT THE RICHEST **** I'VE EVER HEARD. This coming from the dude who sat 18 months because he didn't want to lose his top contender slot. Wow, what a damn clown.

And I'll say this...

I love the new Bones. He's fully embraced just being who he is and truly not giving two craps about it. I couldn't stand his phony media presence before but I can definitely get behind this Jon Jones.

If Jones wins Saturday, do you guys think his next move is Heavyweight? He really has nothing to accomplish at 205 anymore, especially with Rumble retired. I mean, you could give him Manuwa but he'd dispatch him no problem. Maybe a rematch with Gusty? I dunno. All I know is that I'd rather see him jump to Heavyweight and take on bigger challenges. Cain, Werdum, Reem, JDS, Ngannou, Stipe. All are better options than what's left at 205 IMO.

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

The ABC (Association of Boxing Commissions) voted in 4 new weightclasses for Mixed Martial Arts officially today. Promotions don't have to use them (obviously) but the new weight classes are...

• 165 lbs (Super Lightweight)
  • 175 lbs (Super Welterweight)
  • 195 lbs (Super Middleweight)
  • 225 lbs (Cruiserweight)

Will be interesting to see what promotion uses the new classes first.

This is exciting, i love all these classes. 

the 225 lb and 165 lb could be really interesting/super exciting IMO.  

6 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

And I'll say this...

I love the new Bones. He's fully embraced just being who he is and truly not giving two craps about it. I couldn't stand his phony media presence before but I can definitely get behind this Jon Jones.

I hate nothing more then how hyped the dc jones fight is and much rather heard from everyone else fighting than these two pair of clown shoes. 

The inherent problem with being who you are is, if your a bad person, being who you are doesnt make up for it. I have no ide how anyone has respect for jones.

on the other hand dc is a turd sandwich. Everytime he opens his mouth raw sewage comes out. No matter how much i hate jones as a person and find his actions to be appalling, dc talking is my least favorite thing in all of sports.

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

If Jones wins Saturday, do you guys think his next move is Heavyweight? He really has nothing to accomplish at 205 anymore, especially with Rumble retired. I mean, you could give him Manuwa but he'd dispatch him no problem. Maybe a rematch with Gusty? I dunno. All I know is that I'd rather see him jump to Heavyweight and take on bigger challenges. Cain, Werdum, Reem, JDS, Ngannou, Stipe. All are better options than what's left at 205 IMO.

I'd love to see Bones win. If he did win, a move up to HW would be pretty fun to see. I don't want to see him go right at a guy like Stipe though because I'd hate to see him move up and get absolutely worked.

Archived