MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

8 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

fights tonight were super good. that was easily one of the funnest cards of the year. just based on fights. 

I mean...it was fun to see that many finishes....but....if you looked at the betting odds in the fights, there were so many mismatces, it did not make sense.  I wish there would have been some more competitive fights to see.

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

also Luke's postfight interview was weird as hell. I think he was concussed from the first round. He had trouble getting his words out, and kept going on about GSP, who he is at least two fights away from a potential fight, and even then very unlikely that GSP would still be at 185. really hard to see that fight happening.

That's just Luke. And I believe he was telling GSP to pull out of the fight because Bisping is gonna wreck him and he (Luke) deserves it more anyway.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I mean...it was fun to see that many finishes....but....if you looked at the betting odds in the fights, there were so many mismatces, it did not make sense.  I wish there would have been some more competitive fights to see.

there was competitive fights despite "mismatches". 

16 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

heeeh

Couple things with that:

1. YES

2. RR has like no chance in hell and given he catastrophic fall from grace will have no major say in a weight class if she actually wants the fight

3. What if she wins? I know, i know, I KNOW but what if she actually does? That would be one of the craziest rebounds in UFC history. Losing to someone no one thought she would, losing again in dramatic fashion only to beat someone that many think she didn't stood a chance of doing when she was undefeated 

Cyborg already said she isn't interested in that fight. Said she wanted Rousey at her best and not when she's emotionally broken (paraphrasing). Besides that, it's like Tarverdyan is determined to get Rousey killed...or at the very least cause her significant brain damage. He said Cyborg wouldn't be able to handle Rousey's speed...what speed? Her striking is basic and pretty damn slow. She wouldn't even be able to get close enough to Cyborg to hit her lol. Cyborg would tee off on her as soon as the bell rang. The book is out and Rousey should just retire.

10 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Cyborg already said she isn't interested in that fight. Said she wanted Rousey at her best and not when she's emotionally broken (paraphrasing). Besides that, it's like Tarverdyan is determined to get Rousey killed...or at the very least cause her significant brain damage. He said Cyborg wouldn't be able to handle Rousey's speed...what speed? Her striking is basic and pretty damn slow. She wouldn't even be able to get close enough to Cyborg to hit her lol. Cyborg would tee off on her as soon as the bell rang. The book is out and Rousey should just retire.

Yea i hate to say it but her purpose has been served. Womens MMA is on the map

2 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

definitely a good time to end it. that run that he went on prior to the lawler fight was a lot of fun. rooted for him in every fight he's been in sans the cerrone fight. both that main and co-main are gonna be a ton of fun. 

Brown was definitely a fan favorite. He always came ready to fight and put on a show. May not have been a champ but someone if you saw him on the card, you'd tune in. Him v Diego is gonna be fun

Archived