MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

On 7/27/2017 at 9:33 AM, Jlash said:

Also, is there anything on the horizon for Nick Diaz? Been missing him for a long time now. Last I heard was in February where he turned down a fight against Lawler apparently. 

Nick Diaz isn't ever fighting again IMO.

15 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Also i think Robbie is gonna wreck Cowboy. Cowboy doesn't do well with bullies and there isn't a scarier one than Robbie.

I don't think it's a matter of him struggling with bullies. He's faced plenty of guys that were bullies, even recently in fact and won. Matt Brown, Patrick Cote and Rick story are all those type of guys and he did just fine. I think he just struggles with guys who are more technical than he is, because Cowboy is rhythmic in his movements to a fault. Guys as technical and smart as Lawler find his timing at some point and then it's a problem.

8 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Nick Diaz isn't ever fighting again IMO.

That would suck.

7 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

it's not a ufc event unless rogan spends an entire round talking about how dumb the 12-6 elbow rule is lol. every time. 

He's not wrong. They should be hyping up Bones as the undefeated GOAT, instead he's 22-1 because of 1) a stupid rule and 2) a really bad referee. That fight should've been stopped LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before Bones threw the 12-6s.

I really want to watch that fight again because I could've sworn Bones was dropping bombs from full mount for a solid 30 seconds before throwing the bows and all Hamill was doing was squirming around. That's not "intelligent defense" folks. lol 

Archived