W8 News and Notes: LVE okay

Matts4313

24 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I noticed Garrett coaching up the defense this past week. I still don't believe in him but I'm happy to see more effort from him.

Well, that WOULD explain the penalty aided TD drive.

Seriously tho, nice to see the head coach head coaching instead of clapping and looking for high fives.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, D82 said:

This is nuts. I still say a lot of it has to do with not playing a good offense, but still...

I swear if New England wins it all again this year I might just throw in the towel and stop watching the NFL.

That should make Belichick even more of a goat, while Tom Brady continues to be the luckiest son-of-a-beech ever

7 hours ago, D82 said:

This is nuts. I still say a lot of it has to do with not playing a good offense, but still...

I swear if New England wins it all again this year I might just throw in the towel and stop watching the NFL.

Crazy that this isn’t even the best stat of the day on NE defense. Check this out....

via Football Perspective. . .

• The Patriots have allowed a passer rating of 35.8 for the entire season. An incomplete pass has a passer rating of 39.6. The rest of the NFL has allowed a passer rating of 93.3. Opposing QBs vs. New England: 120/229, 1,173 passing yards, 1 TD/18 INTs.

• While the Patriots **defense** has been on the field this season, the Patriots have scored 20 points and allowed 18 points. New England's allowed 3 TDs to opposing offenses, scored 3 TDs on defense, and scored a safety.

Simply amazing.

Edited by WizardHawk

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

And yet we're 4-3 *shrug*

Yeah, we can't have Witten and Zeke fumble against the Saints. That cost us in a tight one. But that's usually not something we have to worry about with them. Especially Witten. 

We can't lose to an 0-4 jet's team. I thought the WR pass interference that negated the TD to Witten was ticky tacky. It looked like we were moving the ball only for something to happen. I think if we played that game 10 times, we would win 9 of them. It just didn't happen.

We always lose to GB so I expected to drop that one.

We should be 5-1 with a lot more excitement about our yardage rankings.

But alas

23 hours ago, DaBoys said:

The Dallas Cowboys quietly have the #1 ranked offense in the NFL at 437.xx yards per game.

YPG: 1st

PYPG: 4th

RYPG: 4th

Defense:

YPG: 5th

PYPG: 8th

RYPG: 15th

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

YPG are the wrong stats. Better is YPP. We are #2 yards per pass attempt and tied at #4 for yards per carry in rushing. 

On defense we are #10 in yards yielded per pass attempt and tied at #15 for yards allowed per rush.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TVScout said:

YPG are the wrong stats. Better is YPP. We are #2 yards per pass attempt and tied at #4 for yards per carry in rushing. 

On defense we are #10 in yards yielded per pass attempt and tied at #15 for yards allowed per rush.

I agree. 

5 hours ago, TVScout said:

Also, I assume this means we average the most yards per play in the league?