Week 8: Washington (1-6) at VIKINGS (5-2)

swede700

Washington running back Adrian Peterson popped up on the injury report yesterday, and apparently popped into a doctor’s office as well.

According to Les Carpenter of the Washington Post, the veteran running back had an MRI on his injured right ankle. He suffered the injury during the third quarter of the team’s loss to the 49ers.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/22/adrian-peterson-had-mri-on-ankle/

The Vikings don’t have much time to get ready for Thursday’s game. That’s something new for their rookies.

Tight end Irv Smith Jr., who played at Alabama, said he’s never played a game on a short week. So he’s been going to “old guys” Thielen, wide receiver Stefon Diggs and tight end Kyle Rudolph for advice.

“They say it’s tough on your body physically and mentally, but you’ve got to do it,’’ Smith said.

Rookie receiver Bisi Johnson, who played at Colorado State, said the shortest period he’s had between games was playing on Saturday and then Friday.

“I’m ready for it,’’ Johnson said. “I’ll do my recovery this week. We’ll have one good day of practice and then come out and be ready to play on Thursday.’’

https://www.twincities.com/2019/10/21/marcus-sherels-future-uncertain-as-the-vikings-punt-returner/

37 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Short weeks are tough but the benefit on the other side is extended time off, almost a mini bye. It’s good timing too since we’re at the halfway point. If anyone is questionable to play, I think you sit them this week.

Weirdly, we have been really competitive on short weeks and kind of stink after byes.

This year is beginning to look like an 11-5 record earning the Vikings a wild card entry into the playoffs. The next step is getting to 6-2 with the win against the Redskins.  Hopefully the Packers falter at some point and allow us to pass them, but the Vikings can only beat the teams they are playing. I think that happens this week.

14 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

This year is beginning to look like an 11-5 record earning the Vikings a wild card entry into the playoffs. The next step is getting to 6-2 with the win against the Redskins.  Hopefully the Packers falter at some point and allow us to pass them, but the Vikings can only beat the teams they are playing. I think that happens this week.

As long as the Vikes can win their home games and win more than most on the road, they’ll be around 8 wins heading into the last quarter of the year. Closing at home against Chicago and Green Bay is huge. Basically need to keep pace with Green Bay but I’m not overly impressed with them based on the Detroit showing.

• Like 1

Keenum will be back in Minnesota on Thursday night to lead the Washington offense against the Vikings. At a Tuesday press conference, Keenum was asked what from his time in Minnesota means a lot to him as he makes his return. Keenum said there were multiple things before adding that a lot of places mean a lot to him because “I’ve been a lot of places” during his career.

Keenum: “There’s really no need to get more amped up for any team in this league. The fact that it’s my old team? I’ve played long enough that if I keep going like I’m going I might play my old team every week. It’s adding up now, it’s just a normal game for me.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/22/case-keenum-on-facing-vikings-ive-been-a-lot-of-places/

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

Keenum will be back in Minnesota on Thursday night to lead the Washington offense against the Vikings. At a Tuesday press conference, Keenum was asked what from his time in Minnesota means a lot to him as he makes his return. Keenum said there were multiple things before adding that a lot of places mean a lot to him because “I’ve been a lot of places” during his career.

Keenum: “There’s really no need to get more amped up for any team in this league. The fact that it’s my old team? I’ve played long enough that if I keep going like I’m going I might play my old team every week. It’s adding up now, it’s just a normal game for me.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/22/case-keenum-on-facing-vikings-ive-been-a-lot-of-places/

Keenum might just end up being the new version of Ryan Fitzpatrick starting on a new team every year.

Washington running back Adrian Peterson said his ankle is much improved from Monday, and he expects to play Thursday night.

“Night and day from yesterday,” Peterson told Tom Pelissero of the NFL on Tuesday. “I should [be] ready to go.”

Peterson no doubt wants to play against his former team. The Vikings made him the seventh overall choice in 2007, and he gained 13,692 total yards and scored 102 total touchdowns in his 10 seasons in Minnesota.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/22/adrian-peterson-says-he-should-be-ready-to-go-thursday-night/