Jockeying for the Playoffs

vike daddy

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s crazy to think that a 12-4 team could be the 6th seed. 

It tells you the state of the league.  They are basically separated into 3 tiers.  11 teams are 4-8 or worse, 11 teams are between 5-7 and 7-5, and 10 teams are 8-4 or better. Last year at this point, there were only 7 teams that were 8-4 or better, while there were 14 teams between 5 and 7 wins.   

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The only team that I don't want to play in the playoffs is Seattle

Watching Cousins and this OL go against the 49ers DL is not a pleasant thought. The 49ers concern me just as much as Seattle. I’m less concerned with the Saints and Packers. The NFC Eaat winner probably won’t be much of a threat either. 

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Watching Cousins and this OL go against the 49ers DL is not a pleasant thought. The 49ers concern me just as much as Seattle. I’m less concerned with the Saints and Packers. The NFC Eaat winner probably won’t be much of a threat either. 

That's true but the team as a whole still hasn't proven anything, especially the offense

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

That's true but the team as a whole still hasn't proven anything, especially the offense

Cousins hasn’t proven anything in the playoffs either. In fact, his record in prime time games is abysmal. The Vikes offense is just as unproven as the 49ers.

Edited by vikingsrule

44 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Cousins hasn’t proven anything in the playoffs either. In fact, his record in prime time games is abysmal. The Vikes offense is just as unproven as the 49ers.

I don't disagree. I'm not saying that I expect to go into San Francisco and win but I'd much rather face them than Seattle

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't disagree. I'm not saying that I expect to go into San Francisco and win but I'd much rather face them than Seattle

I agree.  As I said previously, I just think the Vikings match up better with SF than Seattle...and that mainly has to do with the QB position.  Russell Wilson is proven...Jimmy Garoppolo is not.  

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I have actually been pleasantly surprised by the OL improvement.  That’s just me though.  

If we spend high value picks on the OL in this draft (preferably 1st and a 3rd rounders), I can see Cousins getting even better 

• Like 2

Although the Vikings are no longer being projected to win the NFC North anymore, the good news for Minnesota is that the CBSSports computer still views them as a lock to make the postseason. Despite the loss to Seattle on Monday, the Vikings are still being given an 80.5% chance of making the playoffs. The only wild card contender that's even remotely within striking distance of stealing the final NFC playoff spot is the Rams, who currently have a 24.5% chance of getting into the playoffs (The Eagles have a 33.5% chance of getting in the postseason, but that would come from winning the NFC East. The computer is basically giving them a 0% chance of earning a wild-card berth). The Vikings are just one of three teams in the NFL that will get to play three of their final four games at home. 

Wild-card round projection

AFC

(6) Steelers at (3) Chiefs

(5) Bills at (4) Texans

Byes: Ravens, Patriots

NFC 

(6) Vikings at (3) Packers

(5) 49ers at (4) Cowboys

Byes: Saints, Seahawks

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-playoff-projections-cowboys-stumble-to-nfc-east-title-packers-division-title-chances-shoot-up/

Edited by vike daddy