Jockeying for the Playoffs

vike daddy

With Eagles & Panthers loss today, I think it's safe to say that the 2 WildCard spots are gonna have 1 team from NFC North - Vikings/Packers and another team from NFC West - Rams/Hawks/Niners (unless they have a big collapse). I am actually hoping Bears can win today...a Rams loss here will boost Vikings playoff chances a lot

• Like 1

HYPOTHETICAL:

Assuming everything falls into place for us, how do you guys see us faring against Baltimore (who I’m picking to reach the championship/Super Bowl) in the Super Bowl? 

A Baltimore vs Minnesota Super Bowl.  That just sounds weird.  But I want to know your guys’ thoughts.  

Edited by Torchezim

13 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

HYPOTHETICAL:

Assuming everything falls into place for us, how do you guys see us faring against Baltimore (who I’m picking to reach the championship/Super Bowl) in the Super Bowl? 

A Baltimore vs Minnesota Super Bowl.  That just sounds weird.  But I want to know your guys’ thoughts.  

Lamar would tear our defense apart😬

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Torchezim said:

HYPOTHETICAL:

Vikings fans would lose their ish with Justin Tucker making every field goal with his eyes closed.

The NFC playoff picture wasn’t upended when the 49ers, Saints and Cowboys lost games in Week 10, but it did open the door for bigger changes if the teams couldn’t get back on track.

Sunday’s games are all in the books and everyone got back on track. All six teams that opened the weekend in playoff position end it in the same spots they occupied at this time last week. The status quo actually extended all the way down the pecking order as the only change is that the Falcons are now one spot ahead of the Buccaneers instead of being behind them.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/18/nfc-playoff-picture-different-week-same-view-at-the-top/

9 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

Looking at the schedules, I think the Vikings will probably have to go 12-4 if they want to win the division. The Packers have a couple games that look like sure wins.

They probably have to win out, to be honest. A lot will depend on what happens in the GB/SF game this weekend.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

This is true, but not after week 16. I honestly think we have a good chance to take over the division in week 16. GB loses this weekend, opening the door.

This would mean we have to win out, including winning in Seattle, would it not? Let’s say Green Bay loses this week to SF and wins the following week. That’s puts them at 9-3. 

The Vikes will be 8-4 in two weeks, assuming a loss to Seattle.

MN would need GB to drop an additional game, in addition to beating GB head to head. So who else does GB lose to outside of SF and MN? I just don’t see a team that will really be much of a test.