Jockeying for the Playoffs

vike daddy

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I mean it’s still better than what we’ve had previously like Teddy, Bradford and Ponder.

I don’t think it is better.  You have to go through the season knowing that the team is built to win now, and is good enough to compete for a Super Bowl, but because of our hindrance at the most important position of the field, the quarterback position, we have to hope he is mentally ready to go in order to progress. This, instead of knowing that we are getting the 84 million dollars worth that the front office spent to get him. Aa I’ve said before, if he makes me eat my words, then so be it. As of right now though, I can’t trust him to get us where we want to go.  

I actually liked Teddy.  

In clutch scenarios, I found him to be rather reliable.  I was one of the ones pounding the table for either retaining Keenum or signing Teddy before bringing in Kirk Cousins. Not that it matters now.   

We need to beat both the Cowboys and Seahawks for me to believe we are even good enough to compete with the top tier teams:

(NO, NE, SF, etc)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I mean it’s still better than what we’ve had previously like Teddy, Bradford and Ponder.

Gah, don't remind me of Bradford. It is sad that disaster ever happened.

Ponder was terrible but at least it was a rookie contract. That was a waste of some good teams though.  I can say the same about Jackson though he wasn't quite as terrible.

I was happy with Teddy. The injury was too bad. Glad to see he successfully fought through that rehab and played well this year. Without his great attitude, I don't think he would still be in the league.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Gah, don't remind me of Bradford. It is sad that disaster ever happened.

Ponder was terrible but at least it was a rookie contract. That was a waste of some good teams though.  I can say the same about Jackson though he wasn't quite as terrible.

I was happy with Teddy. The injury was too bad. Glad to see he successfully fought through that rehab and played well this year. Without his great attitude, I don't think he would still be in the league.

That trade still pisses me off.

It did when we did it and it does now.

Should have kept the first, go with Hill as QB and looked at a QB in the draft with surly a top-10 pick.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

That trade still pisses me off.

It did when we did it and it does now.

Should have kept the first, go with Hill as QB and looked at a QB in the draft with surly a top-10 pick.

Might have had the choice of Mahomes or Watson too. What could have been... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Such an interesting question to ponder, even if off topic...do we go with the rookie Week 1 or sign Keenum and let him start?

Anyways, if we win this one, we good. Skol!

Well, Mahomes was raw so he probably sits behind Keenum. A year later, he is league MVP and leading MN to a Super Bowl against New England. Cousins is on the Jets in an equally bad situation as Washington. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Well, Mahomes was raw so he probably sits behind Keenum. A year later, he is league MVP and leading MN to a Super Bowl against New England. Cousins is on the Jets in an equally bad situation as Washington. 

Oh how I wish he signed with the Jets. They were offering even more money, apparently.  

why is it so difficult to look at the title of a thread topic and discuss that, instead of whatever else comes to mind?

when you were in school and your teacher was discussing a topic, did you discuss other topics? at your job if you were sitting in an employee meeting and your boss was outlining a particular topic of concern, do you talk about other things?

@Heimdallr @gopherwrestler

• Like 3

Here’s how the NFC playoff picture looks with Week 10 in the books.

LEADERS
1. 49ers (8-1) Monday night’s loss cost them a chance at a commanding lead in the NFC West, but they remain in front of both conference and division.

2. Packers (8-2) They rebounded from a bad loss and have a week off to prepare for their shot at the 49ers.

3. Saints (7-2) An upset loss to the Falcons stings less thanks to losses by the 49ers and Panthers.

4. Cowboys (5-4) Sunday night’s loss to the Vikings sets up a tense stretch run in Dallas.

5. Seahawks (8-2) They get a well-timed bye after playing 70 minutes that kept their hopes of a division title alive.

6. Vikings (7-3) Winning on Sunday night has solidified Minnesota’s divisional edge with six games left on the slate.

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
7. Rams (5-4) The Rams are home the next two weeks, but injuries are mounting at the wrong time for last year’s NFC champs.

8. Eagles (5-4) A loss by the Cowboys put them back into a horse race for the division title, but they’ll need to beat the Patriots this week to fully take advantage.

9. Panthers (5-4) They’ll need to guard against the kind of letdown against the Falcons that the Saints experienced in Week 10.

10. Bears (4-5) They got a much needed win on Sunday and will need another one against the Rams this week to fan their remaining playoff hopes.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/12/nfc-playoff-picture-getting-tighter-at-the-top/

Edited by vike daddy

On 11/9/2019 at 12:41 PM, Torchezim said:

I don’t think it is better.  You have to go through the season knowing that the team is built to win now, and is good enough to compete for a Super Bowl, but because of our hindrance at the most important position of the field, the quarterback position, we have to hope he is mentally ready to go in order to progress. This, instead of knowing that we are getting the 84 million dollars worth that the front office spent to get him. Aa I’ve said before, if he makes me eat my words, then so be it. As of right now though, I can’t trust him to get us where we want to go.  

I actually liked Teddy.  

In clutch scenarios, I found him to be rather reliable.  I was one of the ones pounding the table for either retaining Keenum or signing Teddy before bringing in Kirk Cousins. Not that it matters now.   

We need to beat both the Cowboys and Seahawks for me to believe we are even good enough to compete with the top tier teams:

(NO, NE, SF, etc)

Doesn't sound like you'd be too happy to be wrong.

Anyways I'm still holding out hope that we can win the division but at least a wildcard is looking pretty doable

23 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Doesn't sound like you'd be too happy to be wrong.

Anyways I'm still holding out hope that we can win the division but at least a wildcard is looking pretty doable

That just it.  You’re happy with that.   Why are so many Vikings fans content with that.   Why are you happy with just making the playoffs? 

7 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

That just it.  You’re happy with that.   Why are so many Vikings fans content with that.   Why are you happy with just making the playoffs? 

Never said I was. You have to make the playoffs to do anything in them though

I give props to you though if you can stay a Vikings fan with it being super bowl or bust every year