Jockeying for the Playoffs

vike daddy

23 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Never said I was. You have to make the playoffs to do anything in them though

I give props to you though if you can stay a Vikings fan with it being super bowl or bust every year

Not every year, but I do expect the best out of what is put into this team.  

I want consistency. Not perfection.  

1 hour ago, Torchezim said:

That just it.  You’re happy with that.   Why are so many Vikings fans content with that.   Why are you happy with just making the playoffs? 

Because the NFC is a bloodbath this year. C'mon man context isn't hard. In a lot of years 7-3 would be good enough to lead the division sometimes there's some luck involved unfortunately this year the Packers are just as good.

Secondly plenty of wild card teams have gone on runs. Can't win if your not in. Tom Brady would have 8 rings without WC teams.

• Like 1

No reason the Vikings shouldn't go into the bye 8-3. What are the chances GB loses in SF in 2 weeks?

I think that MIN/GB both go into the final 5 games 8-3 in a sprint to the finish, man beating Seattle after the bye would be massive.

Edited by KOTN-93

8 minutes ago, KOTN-93 said:

No reason the Vikings shouldn't go into the bye 8-3. What are the chances GB loses in SF in 2 weeks?

I think that MIN/GB both go into the final 5 games 8-3 in a sprint to the finish, man beating Seattle after the bye would be massive.

Agreed on Vikes being 8-3 heading into BYE.

I think chances are pretty decent GB loses in SF, they do have their BYE week to prepare and rest.

7 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Agreed on Vikes being 8-3 heading into BYE.

I think chances are pretty decent GB loses in SF, they do have their BYE week to prepare and rest.

After watching Prescott have his way with this defense, beating Wilson in his own stadium will be a chore. Wilson is unreal this year but the talent level isn’t great in Seattle. I’m concerned that Zimmer will have no answer for Wilson. 

GB should lose to SF but we will also need help from the Bears and Lions down the stretch to pull off an upset.

Edited by vikingsrule

26 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

...should check which referees are assigned that game first!

True, but at least they won't have the Lambeau Cooking.  

I still think having 2 weeks to prepare for Russell Wilson will be of huge benefit.  

It's just unfortunate that the NFC this year is the equivalent of the Western Conference in the NBA.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

True, but at least they won't have the Lambeau Cooking.  

I still think having 2 weeks to prepare for Russell Wilson will be of huge benefit.  

It's just unfortunate that the NFC this year is the equivalent of the Western Conference in the NBA.  

What’s Zimmer’s record after a bye?

1 hour ago, KOTN-93 said:

Because the NFC is a bloodbath this year. C'mon man context isn't hard. In a lot of years 7-3 would be good enough to lead the division sometimes there's some luck involved unfortunately this year the Packers are just as good.

Secondly plenty of wild card teams have gone on runs. Can't win if your not in. Tom Brady would have 8 rings without WC teams.

That doesn’t really have much to do with what I am saying.  

Of course you can potentially do well in the postseason.  However, this fan base for a large part of them, seem content if we make the playoffs and that’s it. 

I realize context isn’t hard. Reading what I was saying isn’t either.  

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

2-3.  Exactly, the same as his playoff seasons.  If he wins after the bye, it's a playoff season, if he doesn't, it's not.  

Interesting. Guess it make sense, based on the schedule to close the year, win in Seattle and MN probably has a playoff spot locked up barring a complete meltdown.

Edited by vikingsrule

NFC teams with winning records, remaining schedules:

Niners (8-1):   
AZ, GB, at-BAL, at-NO, ATL, LARM, at-SEA. 
Games vs teams with winning records: 5 (3 on the road)
Other road games: 0

Seahawks (8-2):   
at-PHI, MIN, at-LARM, at-CAR, AZ, SF
Games vs teams with winning records: 5 (3 on the road)
Other road games: 0

Packers (8-2):   
at-SF, at-NYG, WAS, CHI, at-MIN, at-DET
Games vs teams with winning records: 2 (2 on the road)
Other road games: 2

Saints (7-2):   
at-TB, CAR, at-ATL, SF, IND, at-TEN, at-CAR 
Games vs teams with winning records: 4 (1 on the road)
Other road games: 3 (including at .500 TEN)

Vikings (7-3):    
DEN, at-SEA, DET, at-LAC, GB, CHI
Games vs teams with winning records: 2 (1 on the road)
Other road games: 1

Eagles (5-4):   
NE, SEA, at-MIA, NYG, at-WAS, DAL, at-NYG
Games vs teams with winning records: 3 (0 on the road)
Other road games: 3

Cowboys (5-4):   
at-DET, at-NE, BUF, at-CHI, LARM, at-PHI, WAS
Games vs teams with winning records: 4 (2 on the road)
Other road games: 2

Rams (5-4):   
CHI, BAL, at-AZ, SEA, at-DAL, at-SF, AZ

Panthers (5-4):   
ATL, at-NO, WAS, at-ATL, SEA, at-IND, NO

I think the Vikings schedule matches up favorably against GB, especially with the game against them in Minneapolis. I honestly think the Vikings matchup favorably well against them, especially if they were to have a WC/Divisional game at home.

Also the good news is that the game against Seattle is in Seattle, where the Seahawks are 3-2 with an overtime win vs Tampa Bay and two 1-point wins vs the Bengal and Rams. The Seahawks are surprisingly 5-0 on the road (although we could question whether the wins @ Pittsburgh and @ Cleveland were deserved).