Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Browns RB Kareem Hunt cleared to rejoin team

I will say this - Dorsey's been able to keep K-Hunt, Callaway and OBJ out of the headlines, and Baker's stuff has been pretty mild.  

As we see with MG3, there's a ton of rust you have to knock off before you can really get up to game speed, so I doubt he has much impact until week 16-17, but he's a nice insurance piece.  If CLE can backdoor their way to the playoffs, they would be an ugly team to face.   In the AFC, a 9-7 team could easily find their way in there - BUF looks like the only team with a clear path to a WC spot (let's face it, they aren't catching NE).  It's just ugly how bad the 2nd tier of AFC teams are right now.

Edited by Broncofan

Just what the Browns need. Somebody to come into that locker room and beat that team into shape 

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I will say this - Dorsey's been able to keep K-Hunt, Callaway and OBJ out of the headlines, and Baker's stuff has been pretty mild.  

As we see with MG3, there's a ton of rust you have to knock off before you can really get up to game speed, so I doubt he has much impact until week 16-17, but he's a nice insurance piece.  If CLE can backdoor their way to the playoffs, they would be an ugly team to face.   In the AFC, a 9-7 team could easily find their way in there - BUF looks like the only team with a clear path to a WC spot (let's face it, they aren't catching NE).  It's just ugly how bad the 2nd tier of AFC teams are right now.

Assuming they lose to the Patriots that’ll put them at 2-5. I just don’t see a path to the playoffs. Bills got the 5 seed and I think whoever gets 2nd in AFCS gets the 6th.

2 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Just what the Browns need. Somebody to come into that locker room and beat that team into shape 

1/10

Couldn't you at least have said "Kick them into high gear" or "Give them a swift kick in the backside"?

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

1/10

Couldn't you at least have said "Kick them into high gear" or "Give them a swift kick in the backside"?

I’m giving myself a solid 6/10. Points for making it a little more subtle 

Edited by Gmen

29 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I’m giving myself a solid 6/10. Points for making it a little more subtle 

You can't beat someone into shape unless you mean physically alter their appearance but I don't think that would help anything.

Also it wasn't subtle.

The 1/10 was gracious.

40 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Assuming they lose to the Patriots that’ll put them at 2-5. I just don’t see a path to the playoffs. Bills got the 5 seed and I think whoever gets 2nd in AFCS gets the 6th.

Eh, depends how they play. Certainly could still end up with a winning record and that certainly could be a wildcard spot. Also just 2 games back in the loss column to Baltimore and still play them once more. It's a long way from over but they play has to be better. Patriots are the last team they play that will be a significant favorite, the rest will probably be 1 point or less. With a good showing against the Patriots and going forward the Browns could be favorites in the rest of their games.

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

It'll be really tough but not impossible. Our schedule - on paper at least - is a whole lot easier after the New England game while Baltimore's gets a lot tougher. If Baker and the offense can get their crap together and play more consistently and stop shooting themselves in the foot, then we could look a lot better in the second half of the season. But that's a big if at this point.

That Seattle game could really come back to haunt us though. Going 3-3 into the bye is a lot better than 2-4, and that's a game we could have won in convincing fashion, but our constant mistakes screwed us that game. The refs didn't help either, but whatever.

Anyway, getting Hunt on the team will be nice - especially towards the final stretch of the season. If Baker continues to struggle and be as inconsistent as he has been, then we should honestly just run Chubb and Hunt 30+ times a game. I want to see a lot of two back sets to help keep defenses off guard.