Our Offense

Buffalo Fan

7 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Josh Allen went from needing to learn how to hit his short and intermediate throws, to being very good at those and now learning how to hit his deep throws lol. If he starts hitting these, our offense will open up a bit. I also think we should be in the market for another WR or OL. 

It's not often you get a top 5 defense in this league and we can't let this year go to waste because next year is supposed to be the 'year'. Trade a 3rd and 4th for an AJ Green rental please!

even if you have to give up more then that I think you pull the trigger and do it. Im sure you can sign him for the remainder of his career on a reasonable contract because of injury history and then you have your answer at WR for the next 2-3 years after this season. Green, Beasley, Brown, McKenzie, Duke, Foster, and Roberts. 

13 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I'll be pretty dissapointed if we don't make a trade of some kind to improve this Offense (or team in general). The schedule alone lines us up for 11 wins or more if we just play adequate offense. 

Beane made the move in 2017 to get Benjamin, he should be at it again.

Well the market is pretty thin right now with WR but if they can pull off a trade between a team and player that was unexpected I say they need to do it. At this time I am all in on this team winning now that will result in a long term answer as well. I like Aj Green and I would be all for the move on him. If not, one guy that could make sense is Keenan Allen. He is 27 and a top tier WR, his contract is up after 2020 season and Rivers is struggling to be the qb long term. So give up a 1st rd in 2020 to land Allen and focus on other spots in FA next year. 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well the market is pretty thin right now with WR but if they can pull off a trade between a team and player that was unexpected I say they need to do it. At this time I am all in on this team winning now that will result in a long term answer as well. I like Aj Green and I would be all for the move on him. If not, one guy that could make sense is Keenan Allen. He is 27 and a top tier WR, his contract is up after 2020 season and Rivers is struggling to be the qb long term. So give up a 1st rd in 2020 to land Allen and focus on other spots in FA next year. 

Yeah I am not thinking it is a wideout. At least I would be surprised. Saw a rumour that Austin Hooper could be had because he'll be a free agent next off-season and the Falcons are clearly done for the year. Kenyan Drake is another name I have seen linked to the Bills. 

All signs are pointing to a rift between Brady and NE and him being out. If he wants to sign a one year contract with someone, would you guys sign him? 

I think that defense is top two in the league and Seans an excellent coach. The main thing that separates the two of you is QB. Bills would be my pick for the SB next year if they had Tom. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

All signs are pointing to a rift between Brady and NE and him being out. If he wants to sign a one year contract with someone, would you guys sign him? 

I think that defense is top two in the league and Seans an excellent coach. The main thing that separates the two of you is QB. Bills would be my pick for the SB next year if they had Tom. 

I mean if Josh Allen dies or has a career ending injury then sure.

But despite what people's preconceived notions or groupthink tells them, Josh Allen is playing well and is the future of the Bills.

McDermott and Beane haven't spent the better part of three years building this team and culture just to throw it away for a one year rental of a guy who quite frankly, is a shadow of himself anyway. 

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I do not see Brady going to another team, he is a HoF and has played for so long. If he was in his 30s it would be a different story but being 43 to up root your family for 1 more year does not make sense. Also fans would be upset he went to a division rival. Not to mention he has declined drastically this year, if it wasnt for that defense then they wouldnt be a winning team right now. This is Peyton Manning's final year all over again but with Tom Brady. You can blame the talent he has but if you watched some of the highlights the past couple of weeks he hasnt been impressive, the balls at times were way off, just doesnt look natural at this point. I expect him to stick it out if its for one more year or after this and retire on top rather then go to another team and go out a year to late.

As for him coming to Buffalo its a waste of time and would mess up what they are doing by building up Allen's confidence. Allen has had struggles but he is also improving his passing compared to last year. He has worked on the intermediate balls and has been better at it compared to last year, he is off on his deep balls which I think is what happened when he corrected the 10-15 yard passes. Last year he was completing 52% of his passes this year its at 62.4%, I expect him to continue to get better.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

I do not see Brady going to another team, he is a HoF and has played for so long. If he was in his 30s it would be a different story but being 43 to up root your family for 1 more year does not make sense. Also fans would be upset he went to a division rival. Not to mention he has declined drastically this year, if it wasnt for that defense then they wouldnt be a winning team right now. This is Peyton Manning's final year all over again but with Tom Brady. You can blame the talent he has but if you watched some of the highlights the past couple of weeks he hasnt been impressive, the balls at times were way off, just doesnt look natural at this point. I expect him to stick it out if its for one more year or after this and retire on top rather then go to another team and go out a year to late.

As for him coming to Buffalo its a waste of time and would mess up what they are doing by building up Allen's confidence. Allen has had struggles but he is also improving his passing compared to last year. He has worked on the intermediate balls and has been better at it compared to last year, he is off on his deep balls which I think is what happened when he corrected the 10-15 yard passes. Last year he was completing 52% of his passes this year its at 62.4%, I expect him to continue to get better.

Brady is having a really underrated season actually. He’s the one carrying the offense 100% and you can ask any Patriot fan. He’s also my fantasy MVP. Usually gets 28-29 points. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dez Bryant talking about wanting to talk to teams in the next week or two, it may be a low risk and a big target for Allen. Wouldnt be mad if they brought him in for a visit. The culture is there and I do not see one player coming in and messing it up, if it is a low risk and he sees them as playoff contenders then he will do what is told if not they can walk from him. 

McDermott won't do it mid season but Daboll needs to go. Whatever his offense is - honestly what is our identity? - is not the best fit for Allen or Singletary.

No idea who we could get to come in but we need a young innovative guy. Probably just be Ken Dorsey though. 

Marcus Brady - Colts QB Coach (former OC in the CFL)
John Defilipo - Current Jags OC. Whole staff could be fired if their season derails 
Mike Kafka - Chiefs QB Coach. Could be looking to get out on his own.
Jay Gruden.
Jim Bob Cooter - Jets RB Coach

Not a whole lot of NFL names to choose from. Maybe some college coach?

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

McDermott won't do it mid season but Daboll needs to go. Whatever his offense is - honestly what is our identity? - is not the best fit for Allen or Singletary.

No idea who we could get to come in but we need a young innovative guy. Probably just be Ken Dorsey though. 

Marcus Brady - Colts QB Coach (former OC in the CFL)
John Defilipo - Current Jags OC. Whole staff could be fired if their season derails 
Mike Kafka - Chiefs QB Coach. Could be looking to get out on his own.
Jay Gruden.
Jim Bob Cooter - Jets RB Coach

Not a whole lot of NFL names to choose from. Maybe some college coach?

Ha. Yeah, exactly, what is our identity? It feels like it should be a run first (with RB's, not Josh)/ PA offense to allow our D to stay fresh enough to help stop opposing running attacks. The pass D is already legit. Instead we have some odd "let's abandon what works and try something stupid/entirely different this week" deal going on on the offensive side of the ball. It's like Daboll overthinks things, even within games, trying to be sneaky. For some reason, Favre said, "Daboll and Allen are the perfect fit". [puke] See link below.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/11/brett-favre-shares-some-advice-he-got-early-in-career-with-bills-josh-allen.html

13 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Ha. Yeah, exactly, what is our identity? It feels like it should be a run first (with RB's, not Josh)/ PA offense to allow our D to stay fresh enough to help stop opposing running attacks. The pass D is already legit. Instead we have some odd "let's abandon what works and try something stupid/entirely different this week" deal going on on the offensive side of the ball. It's like Daboll overthinks things, even within games, trying to be sneaky. For some reason, Favre said, "Daboll and Allen are the perfect fit". [puke] See link below.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/11/brett-favre-shares-some-advice-he-got-early-in-career-with-bills-josh-allen.html

For the bolded: I think that is the New England factor that Daboll is trying to bring here. Not a fan of it with our personnel and QB.

I agree though. We should be a run first team that uses PA (comeback, digs and deep post specifically). 

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

For the bolded: I think that is the New England factor that Daboll is trying to bring here. Not a fan of it with our personnel and QB.

I agree though. We should be a run first team that uses PA (comeback, digs and deep post specifically). 

I've wondered about the NE factor myself. Thing is, that team has a history of proving they could execute in a variety of situations. We have proven that our passing attack is quite inconsistent...especially when going deep. Would I abandon the deep pass completely? Of course not. However, versus the 30th ranked run D, I would have certainly given Singletary more than 8 rushes. Instead, we threw the ball 41 times! That was asinine.

Edited by Yibbyl