Bucketheadsdad

Who ya got?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Browns
    • Still Browns, but in orange
    • Still browns, but in white
    • Hornby
    • Two GOATS that graze in the same field.
    • Jerks, why'd you pick the two GOATS?

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

The problem with this theory about being a “real test” is that your offense sucks this year. You’re 23rd in scoring and 21st in Yards. Football outsiders has them ranked 27th. So if the patriots offense is “struggling”(and they are significantly better across the board)what does that say about The browns offense?

Baker is going to be another one of the bad QBs they destroy this year 

Defensive stops can often change the complexion of offensive football and provide the momentum and field position to fuel offensive success. Ultimately, I think our defensive performance will provide our offense with the opportunities to have more success. BUT that's not the only reason why I see the Browns winning this game and having success this game. The other reasons are:

1.) We can focus on the "passer" the Pats are going up against (Baker Mayfield), but really this is the first time the Pats are going up against a top RB in the league with home run ability (Nick Chubb) that is a part of an offense that the Pats can't just focus their scheming on just focusing on stopping the run or stopping the pass as the Browns have more dynamic personnel.

2,) Of course, one could say "well.. why has this dynamic personnel been so bad as of late if they are so good?." Well, in truth a lot of that has to do with Baker's struggles, Freddie Kitchens play-calling, but a major piece has to do with the Browns not having all their personnel healthy (WR Rashard Higgins Injured) or available (WR Antonio Callaway suspended) together this season. For this game, we'll have our full compliment of personnel outside of Kareem Hunt. Why that matters is because (see the next point):

3.) Baker's blitz beating, back shoulder safety blanket is returning from injury this game: WR Rashard Higgins. For those of us that actually watch this team, we know that much of Baker's 3rd down and critical blitz situation success came from conversions to Rashard Higgins with hot or coverage beating throws that are based in both pinpoint ball placement and WR chemistry that he has with Higgins. Higgins has also been effective at finding spots in zone when that coverage is employed. Ultimately, Higgins, OBJ, Jarvis, and a surging Ricky Seals-Jones not only give the Browns offense a full compliment of versatile offensive pieces for the first time really this year, but also mixing in vertical threat Antonio Callaway allows dynamic personnel groupings and playcalls to keep defenses stressed and uncertain of what's to come.

4.) None of those teams the Patriots faced had personnel to beat Man and 1-on-1 coverage on the outside when the Patriots Zero blitz or more commonly Zone-Man match blitz from either the strong or weak side. You can't do what has often given them success against previous QBs when you have Odell Beckham more so but also Jarvis Landry on the outside.

-------

The Pats are a great team. but a Browns with a full compliment of Offensive personnel playing together as well as our 2 starting CB returning (Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams) poses a test the Pats haven't faced all year imo. The only question for us is the Offensive Line and whether we make sweeping changes at key positions, as well as how we adjust to having our do it all Free Safety Damarious Randall out.

I expect us to come out focused and looking as good as we've been all season coming out of the buy.

Will that be enough to beat the Pats? Who knows? Right now I saw we come out firing on all cylinders and win by 10.

On 10/22/2019 at 10:30 PM, AkronsWitness said:

I think there is a good chance we slow down their offense a little bit---but I see no way that this game isnt a complete shtshow going against their defense. Like..I really dont know how we are going to score 14+ points.

Final Score: 28-10

It starts with your offensive line; They need to be able to run the ball effectively and protect Baker because Bill will try to make your offense one dimensional. The Patriots defense can be beat, their historical numbers are also impart because they have faced inexperienced QBs who crumble under pressure, make terrible decisions and/or have faced a lot of incompetent pass catchers. That's not to say the Patriots are overrated, they are not, the defense is very deep and talented across the board so its hard to grind them out. Their strength is their secondary, they play man to man almost exclusively and are very proficient at it. They also have very smart safety play so under no circumstance should Baker try to throw a ball up for grabs it WILL BE intercepted. The best the Browns can do is just play ball control and try to limit turnovers, they cannot abandon the run even if they fall behind.

1 hour ago, The Third Rider said:

It starts with your offensive line; They need to be able to run the ball effectively and protect Baker because Bill will try to make your offense one dimensional. The Patriots defense can be beat, their historical numbers are also impart because they have faced inexperienced QBs who crumble under pressure, make terrible decisions and/or have faced a lot of incompetent pass catchers. That's not to say the Patriots are overrated, they are not, the defense is very deep and talented across the board so its hard to grind them out. Their strength is their secondary, they play man to man almost exclusively and are very proficient at it. They also have very smart safety play so under no circumstance should Baker try to throw a ball up for grabs it WILL BE intercepted. The best the Browns can do is just play ball control and try to limit turnovers, they cannot abandon the run even if they fall behind.

We can do that. I just told my partner that if the browns run Chubb over 25 times and hit Brady at least 4 times we’ve got a good shot at winning. Chubb will have over 100 yards. Can we protect the ball and hit Brady? TBD.

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Defensive stops can often change the complexion of offensive football and provide the momentum and field position to fuel offensive success. Ultimately, I think our defensive performance will provide our offense with the opportunities to have more success. BUT that's not the only reason why I see the Browns winning this game and having success this game. The other reasons are:

1.) We can focus on the "passer" the Pats are going up against (Baker Mayfield), but really this is the first time the Pats are going up against a top RB in the league with home run ability (Nick Chubb) that is a part of an offense that the Pats can't just focus their scheming on just focusing on stopping the run or stopping the pass as the Browns have more dynamic personnel.

2,) Of course, one could say "well.. why has this dynamic personnel been so bad as of late if they are so good?." Well, in truth a lot of that has to do with Baker's struggles, Freddie Kitchens play-calling, but a major piece has to do with the Browns not having all their personnel healthy (WR Rashard Higgins Injured) or available (WR Antonio Callaway suspended) together this season. For this game, we'll have our full compliment of personnel outside of Kareem Hunt. Why that matters is because (see the next point):

3.) Baker's blitz beating, back shoulder safety blanket is returning from injury this game: WR Rashard Higgins. For those of us that actually watch this team, we know that much of Baker's 3rd down and critical blitz situation success came from conversions to Rashard Higgins with hot or coverage beating throws that are based in both pinpoint ball placement and WR chemistry that he has with Higgins. Higgins has also been effective at finding spots in zone when that coverage is employed. Ultimately, Higgins, OBJ, Jarvis, and a surging Ricky Seals-Jones not only give the Browns offense a full compliment of versatile offensive pieces for the first time really this year, but also mixing in vertical threat Antonio Callaway allows dynamic personnel groupings and playcalls to keep defenses stressed and uncertain of what's to come.

4.) None of those teams the Patriots faced had personnel to beat Man and 1-on-1 coverage on the outside when the Patriots Zero blitz or more commonly Zone-Man match blitz from either the strong or weak side. You can't do what has often given them success against previous QBs when you have Odell Beckham more so but also Jarvis Landry on the outside.

-------

The Pats are a great team. but a Browns with a full compliment of Offensive personnel playing together as well as our 2 starting CB returning (Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams) poses a test the Pats haven't faced all year imo. The only question for us is the Offensive Line and whether we make sweeping changes at key positions, as well as how we adjust to having our do it all Free Safety Damarious Randall out.

I expect us to come out focused and looking as good as we've been all season coming out of the buy.

Will that be enough to beat the Pats? Who knows? Right now I saw we come out firing on all cylinders and win by 10.

You DID say that this is the first time we'll face a good offense though....and the stats show CLE to be worse than a couple of the ones we've faced. So is that really true?

You've also said this Browns team is mentally weak. Do you have confidence in a mentally weak team vs BB? I'm not having a go, by the way, just trying to get a read on what your team is about. I do expect a tough game :)

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You DID say that this is the first time we'll face a good offense though....and the stats show CLE to be worse than a couple of the ones we've faced. So is that really true?

You've also said this Browns team is mentally weak. Do you have confidence in a mentally weak team vs BB? I'm not having a go, by the way, just trying to get a read on what your team is about. I do expect a tough game :)

The offense hasn't figured it out yet but this is by far the most talented offense the Patriots have faced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You tell me who has more explosive and talented offensive players: the Dolphins, Washington, a Saquon-Barkley-less Giants, the Jets, Buffalo, or the Browns? When I say "we're the best offense they've faced all year" I of course am referring to how we look when we're playing at a high level. We have struggled to do so this year.

So, what's driving my belief that we'll do so this week?? The truth is the proof is in the doing, but my belief is that coming off a bye week against an elite opponent we'll be focus and in tune enough to manifest the collective potential and ability of our talented offense. We do however often see teams come out sluggish after the bye week but I think the opponent and our early season performance make that not so likely.

Now, who do I trust more disciplined, mentally focused, and mentally strong in a given game: A Belichick team, any team in the league, or our team? I'd take the Pats every single time.  It's just for the reason of belief that I believe that contextual factors around this game (i.e., a bye week, Patriots short week, our players having ultimate respect for the opponent, our coaches hopefully learning lessons from self-scouting, the fact that our players know they can't afford to lose anymore games because the Ravens keep stacking wins, etc) will lead to optimal performance of our team and ultimately a much needed win against a great opponent that has had a cake-walk NFL schedule thus far.

Edited by Mind Character

Sensationalizing and misunderstanding of dialect in Jarvis Landry's words are one of the many reasons why I hate the commercial media, as well as our beat writers.

Landry said " We're goin' to win, we're goin' to win" as in "We are going there to win." 

That's much different from " We are gonna win" as in " We are going to win (the game."

Landry clarifies people's/writers misperception of what he said and it gets blown up as " Jarvis Landry quickly backtracks on promise to win." Ensuing foolishness comparisons between Jarvis and Doug Pederson helps unleash more media foolishness about the Browns being more bluster than substance.

What's worse is that Landry was not initially protected by our beat reporters who sat there and heard him say it but clearly aren't around people who speak with such vernaculars and dialects like Landry and/or people of color enough to be able to translate what he said properly. The context of the question and answer in context for our beat writers should of made it clear. After it was picked up and distorted and they talked to Landry they then got their sh*t in order.

Here's Cleveland.com posting video of it with the distortion of what he said title "We are going to win."

Our beat writers continue to be trash and the media continues to be trash also.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

Intent doesn't matter (See Mayfield's comments about Daniel Jones) all that matters is how it is reported because 80% will remember only that. Jarvis has now guaranteed victory and if we lose I wouldn't be surprised if a Patriot player or two mentions it after the game. We're all part of the problem from top to bottom and it isn't just sports.

Edited by Thomas5737

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Sensationalizing and misunderstanding of dialect in Jarvis Landry's words are one of the many reasons why I hate the commercial media, as well as our beat writers.

Landry said " We're goin' to win, we're goin' to win" as in "We are going there to win." 

That's much different from " We are gonna win" as in " We are going to win (the game."

Landry clarifies people's/writers misperception of what he said and it gets blown up as " Jarvis Landry quickly backtracks on promise to win." Ensuing foolishness comparisons between Jarvis and Doug Pederson helps unleash more media foolishness about the Browns being more bluster than substance.

What's worse is that Landry was not initially protected by our beat reporters who sat there and heard him say it but clearly aren't around people who speak with such vernaculars and dialects like Landry and/or people of color enough to be able to translate what he said properly. The context of the question and answer in context for our beat writers should of made it clear. After it was picked up and distorted and they talked to Landry they then got their sh*t in order.

Here's Cleveland.com posting video of it with the distortion of what he said title "We are going to win."

Our beat writers continue to be trash and the media continues to be trash also.

It's a sad sign of the times. The media play the words they want the uniformed/under-informed to hear purposefully to shape public opinion; the beat writers are just inept.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Browns by 10. 

Embrace it.

Freddie gets us.

I do not know why I let y'all suck me into believing that we have a chance to win this game, but I do.

Then again, I do believe in spooks, too:

Edited by bruceb
  • Like 1