Bucketheadsdad

Who ya got?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Browns
    • Still Browns, but in orange
    • Still browns, but in white
    • Hornby
    • Two GOATS that graze in the same field.
    • Jerks, why'd you pick the two GOATS?

Patriots haven't played the toughest schedule but they have annihilated everyone except the Bills. They are like the 49ers with a much better QB and less dangerous running backs. Which doesn't sound like we should be too hyped for this game.

Which we shouldn't. We pretty much need the "any given Sunday" scenario to win this game. Had we played well on one side of the ball all year or had put together complete games more than once through 6 games I think we could think about ways we could win. That hasn't happened. We need just one of those crazy games where the lesser team wins for whatever reason. That's our best chance.

If it turns out that we are finally putting it all together and we won because we were better we won't know that for a few weeks but that would be the best case scenario. Until then, Hilliard returns a kick for a TD, Brady turns it over a couple times, timely drops by the Patriot receivers, Myles has 3 strip sacks, Chubb runs for 200, OBJ catches multiple TDs, we need some of that stuff to happen.

Browns 31 Patriots 17

I don't care, I can't tell me how to think.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Though true, i still dont think robinson is the peoblem 

Well PFF has Bitonio in the 80s, Tretter in the 70s, Robinson in the 60s, Hubbard in the 50s and Kush in the 40s. So he probably hasn't been the weakest link on our line.

Those ratings aren't scientific or anything but they are usually close to the truth and the truth is we have had 3 offensive linemen who need to play better. The whole team needs to play better. You aren't fixing 3 lineman playing below average by replacing them in week 7 of the season though so I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't much shuffling that happens at this point. We'll see.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

At least Baker can see the pressure for the RT. He doesn’t trust Robinson at all so he bails way to early cause he can see it. 

Yeah it’s pretty much this. There’s a reason he can’t even go left when he scrambles like he did last year. I’m sorry there has got to be something to the rumors that Robinson doesn’t even know if the play is a run or pass. If true that is part of the reason why Hubbard is so bad. 
You guys keep wanting to piss on Mayfield, but there is so much more than you guys are seeing. I keep seeing he’s got no pocket awareness, but what pocket does he have?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah it’s pretty much this. There’s a reason he can’t even go left when he scrambles like he did last year. I’m sorry there has got to be something to the rumors that Robinson doesn’t even know if the play is a run or pass. If true that is part of the reason why Hubbard is so bad. 
You guys keep wanting to piss on Mayfield, but there is so much more than you guys are seeing. I keep seeing he’s got no pocket awareness, but what pocket does he have?

what are these rumors???

I think thats why baker bails on some clean pockets, that he just fells Robinson guy is coming even when he isnt

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

what are these rumors???

I think thats why baker bails on some clean pockets, that he just fells Robinson guy is coming even when he isnt

I can’t find the link, but yeah sounds like he’s not getting it. Wouldn’t be surprised if Freddie kept things simple last year, which led to these guys playing good. This year he’s implementing too much which is leading to the confusion. Now this can end two ways, either these guys finally come around get the offense and make it work, or they just don’t get it and we suck pistachios and lose. Hopefully Freddie adjusts and we can play some ball. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

what are these rumors???

I really hope Baker spends the next 5 days practicing taking 5 steps back and 2 steps forward.

Does anybody remember if you recall him shifting protection and recognizing blitzes? It seems like the Pats send 1LB on a blitz quite often I really hope he knows how to see that and shift protection.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I really hope Baker spends the next 5 days practicing taking 5 steps back and 2 steps forward.

Does anybody remember if you recall him shifting protection and recognizing blitzes? It seems like the Pats send 1LB on a blitz quite often I really hope he knows how to see that and shift protection.

Well it will depend on how quickly the play is called in, early in the year we were getting to the line with 5 seconds on the play clock so there was no time to change protection, plays or find out if it was man or zone. The last few games have seemed better. As far as recognizing blitzes, it's not real easy because you can show a blitz and not blitz and vice versa. The important thing is the receivers know if it is a blitz as their routes change.

As far as taking a 5 step drop and two steps forward, that is protection dependent.