Bucketheadsdad

Who ya got?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Browns
    • Still Browns, but in orange
    • Still browns, but in white
    • Hornby
    • Two GOATS that graze in the same field.
    • Jerks, why'd you pick the two GOATS?

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Believe me,  they’ll look plenty inept against the scrub teams as well. 

I'm more concerned about how the team will get over confident / cocky after beating bad teams and lose focus. Outside of Chubb and Landry, it looks like the rest of offense spent the off season on photo shoots and partying thinking we were just going to roll teams due to the talent we have.

11 minutes ago, Onizuka said:

I'm more concerned about how the team will get over confident / cocky after beating bad teams and lose focus. Outside of Chubb and Landry, it looks like the rest of offense spent the off season on photo shoots and partying thinking we were just going to roll teams due to the talent we have.

I don’t think this team has the leeway to lose focus and get overconfident. At best, we will be scrapping for a playoff berth down the stretch. Every game matters. And this is wishful thinking that we will be able to beat some of these bad teams and even be in the mix down the stretch.

And I agree about the offensive focus. It’s clear that the necessary dedication was not put into improving. Baker Mayfield has taken a step back this off-season. And Odell Beckham coming into a new locker room is not on the same page with our quarterback, as far as chemistry. The off-season is the time to improve in these areas. By the time the regular season rolls around, a lot of the results we see on the field have been decided.

A smart coach will scale back the offense and recognize what we do well which is run the ball like crazy. We will have to capable/fresh legged backs. That should have been the adjustment over the break, instead of putting an inexperienced RT at LT and airing it out in a freaking monsoon just to get out QB killed

Edited by MSURacerDT55

20 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

A smart coach will scale back the offense and recognize what we do well which is run the ball like crazy. We will have to capable/fresh legged backs. That should have been the adjustment over the break, instead of putting an inexperienced RT at LT and airing it out in a freaking monsoon just to get out QB killed

I mean, I don't think the game plan was bad at all. Chubb ran the ball 20 times, so it's not like he barely got any touches. Baker was off on a couple of throws, but I'd say he made more good throws than bad throws yesterday. Much like the Seattle game, we had no problem moving up and down the field  (except we started to stall after that first drive in the second half - mainly due to penalties). It was just penalties and mistakes that costed us the game - much like it has throughout the season.

20 hours ago, MarkPrice25 said:

Our franchise cornerstones looked good today.

This about all I am paying attention.

The rest of it is embarrassing and deflating.

The game was winnable, if we didn't turn the ball over 3 times and have 13 penalties, many at inopportune times and turning positive plays into losses.

• Like 1