Bucketheadsdad

Who ya got?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Browns
    • Still Browns, but in orange
    • Still browns, but in white
    • Hornby
    • Two GOATS that graze in the same field.
    • Jerks, why'd you pick the two GOATS?

8 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

He might have been on the practice squad I can't recall. Again though, the point isn't really about the "rookie year per se" but more so about their first 16-20 starts. I do think that based on performance within that time frame of early career, most people thought Jameis, Mariota, and Bulger were going to have great careers.

Also, it's not informative to me to say things like "Josh Rosen or [Insert Rookie QB Name Here] didn't have a good/great rookie season so he's not a franchise QB," because so many things effect the success of a rookie QB with the main factor often being that the Rookie QB is on a terrible team with a terrible offensive line. Predicting future success based on performance in the first 16-20 starts has a lot to do with the flashes and whether or not one thinks such flashes are sustainable over time.

Ultimately, a 16 o 20 game sample size isn't really predictive of anything (good or bad) based on the history of the NFL.

I agree a slow start doesn't mean there won't be future success but I can't think of any (besides RGIII) that came out of the gates strong and fizzled. Winston and Mariota came out of the gates decent and never progressed but I don't think I'd say they were anything special if you weren't considering projected future progressions. Mayfield (I don't even remember what this conversation was about) was certainly better as a rookie than either of them his rookie season according to the eye test.

• Like 1

There are some truths that are being left out when discussing how "great" this Patriots Defense is:

Look at the offenses they've gone against and who the QB was inexperience or talent-wise:

Wk 1 - Inexperienced Steelers - Hobbled week 1 Ben

Wk 2- Dolphins - Josh Rosen rookie starts-wise

Wk 3- Jets - Luke Falk-rookie starts wise

Wk 4- Buffalo - Josh Allen-rookie starts wise

Wk 5- Washington - Colt McCoy hobbled

Wk 6- Giants - Daniel Jones rookie

Wk 7- Jets - Sam Darnold a game back from weeks off rookie starts wise.

They've literally faced all rookie's in terms of career starts and a two hobbled QBs in Ben and McCoy

-----------

Our offense is literally going to be the first real test for them, and I wouldn't be surprised if we have success and make them look like BBQ Chicken at times. The Pats aren't an All-time Defense despite the statistics b/c they haven't stopped anyone of note yet.

And here's the most under-discussed thing about the Pats, their offense has struggled and Brady gets spooked by pressure.

---------

We have to get wild with blitzes and heat Brady up. I actually feel really good about this game, and I think we're going to put it together and win by 10.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

There are some truths that are being left out when discussing how "great" this Patriots Defense is:

Look at the offenses they've gone against and who the QB was inexperience or talent-wise:

They've literally faced all rookie's in terms of career starts and a two hobbled QBs in Ben and McCoy

-----------

Our offense is literally going to be the first real test for them, and I wouldn't be surprised if we have success and make them look like BBQ Chicken at times. The Pats aren't an All-time Defense despite the statistics b/c they haven't stopped anyone of note yet.

And here's the most under-discussed thing about the Pats, their offense has struggled and Brady gets spooked by pressure.

---------

We have to get wild with blitzes and heat Brady up. I actually feel really good about this game, and I think we're going to put it together and win by 10.

It’s a good point.

• Like 1

What makes the Patriots defense historic is how BB uses his linebackers. They’re all huge and athletic.

BBs game plan will be simple: Put 8 in the box and dare Baker to win it. I love Nick Chubb, but BB has always been able to shut down a teams best player.

Edited by candyman93

16 hours ago, Mind Character said:

-----------

---------

The problem with this theory about being a “real test” is that your offense sucks this year. You’re 23rd in scoring and 21st in Yards. Football outsiders has them ranked 27th. So if the patriots offense is “struggling”(and they are significantly better across the board)what does that say about The browns offense?

Baker is going to be another one of the bad QBs they destroy this year 

Edited by CP3MVP

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

The most likely outcome is that the game will be closer than we'd expect, but the Browns do the Browns thing in the 4th and can't capitalize on a good performance. I'll say Pats win 28-17 in a game that's a lot closer than the score indicates. 

Exactly what I've just predicted in our forum. 

...Dillon! You son of.....