ChargIRs G Forrest Lamp breaks ankle; out for season

RaidersAreOne

23 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

How many o-line injuries is this?

Pouncey and Lamp for year.  Okung hasn't played a snap this season yet, but is supposedly going to be back within the next 2 games (after how ownership/management treated him I wouldn't blame him if he told them to pound sand though).  And then Tevi is just terrible, while Schofield is bang-average at best; I've been of the belief for a while that he gets saved from being scapegoated largely because the guy to the right of him screws up first so he ends up getting a pass.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Pouncey and Lamp for year.  Okung hasn't played a snap this season yet, but is supposedly going to be back within the next 2 games (after how ownership/management treated him I wouldn't blame him if he told them to pound sand though).  And then Tevi is just terrible, while Schofield is bang-average at best; I've been of the belief for a while that he gets saved from being scapegoated largely because the guy to the right of him screws up first so he ends up getting a pass.

Not sure what management or ownership did to make him upset. No indication on his end at least.

47 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Not sure what management or ownership did to make him upset. No indication on his end at least.

Following practice Okung was suffering unusual chest pains and went to urgent care to be treated. Chargers went with the non football injury designation and Okung has not been getting paid. Recently they reworked his deal so he could earn back the lost money by returning this season. It’s very much a how you look at it issue. Should Okung suffer any kind of reoccurrence on the field though, the Chargers are going to look pretty evil. 

2 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

Following practice Okung was suffering unusual chest pains and went to urgent care to be treated. Chargers went with the non football injury designation and Okung has not been getting paid. Recently they reworked his deal so he could earn back the lost money by returning this season. It’s very much a how you look at it issue. Should Okung suffer any kind of reoccurrence on the field though, the Chargers are going to look pretty evil. 

Well, to be fair he made $2 million over the 6 weeks worth of game checks he missed.  But when you consider he was scheduled to make $13 million this season (practically $1m per game), so they shorted him $3.5 million.  It's one of those things where when it's perceived as advantageous by fans because it saves a move to the PUP or IR they tend to overlook the financial implications it has for the player.  He met, so far as I'm aware, the minimum requirements to have been put on the PUP list in that he was on the Active/PUP list at the start of camp (the shortness of breath that signaled the embolism occurred in early June) and he could not be medically cleared at time the 53-man roster was set.  The NFI designation looks like it was purely a money-saving effort by ownership/management.

• Like 1