Sign in to follow this  
BayRaider

Texans acquire Gareon Conley

For 3rd Rder. 

Disgusting! Gareon is a 1st Round CB in this league. Good job Texans. He’s solid with great potential 

I was just going to ask how he is.  I haven't followed him since he was drafted.  I can live with giving up a 3rd rounder for him since we getting one from Seattle and possibly comp picks for Honey Badger and Kareem Jackson.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

For 3rd Rder. 

Disgusting! Gareon is a 1st Round CB in this league. Good job Texans. He’s solid with great potential 

What's wrong with him? Injuries? Inconsistencies? Gruden being Gruden?

He has been horrible this year. Missing tackles, blown coverages, etc. He has also had some injuries in the past. However I do not like the compensation we got for him. He has all the tools required to be a top flight CB. Change of scenery will do him well.

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

What's wrong with him? Injuries? Inconsistencies? Gruden being Gruden?

He’s only been bad this season but I still believe this dude will be a Top 10 CB star. He has flashes of a lockdown corner. And I’m not one to hype up players, you can ask my fellow fans. 

I even said last year, the only person on the 53 roster, Carr included, that I would NOT trade, is Gareon Conley. 

Edited by BayRaider

BRING THE TEXANS SAQUON!

@ET80 He has some upside, not an awful move for you guys. 

FWIW, someone else posted on twitter (tweet in the 49er forum) that the Raiders are looking at making a bigger trade? 

Just now, Forge said:

FWIW, someone else posted on twitter (tweet in the 49er forum) that the Raiders are looking at making a bigger trade? 

There were rumors we will be "buyers" at the deadline which is hilarious.

I'll take it, and not think twice.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

@ET80 He has some upside, not an awful move for you guys

Given our CB situation, a young guy to take snaps right now is huge - even then, he's sticking in the lineup once Bradley Roby comes back and Jonathan Joseph will probably be reduced to a rotational guy.

I'm all for this for a 3rd round pick... let alone a late one, as Seattle's pick is going to be. 

Having a ROUGH season so far. Missed tackles, soft coverage. Last year was promising after an injury plagued rookie year.

Expect them to drop Joseph soon too.

Been dissatisfied with him so far this year. He flat out sucks at tackling and will probably never be good or willing in that area, which is unfortunate because he has nice size.

Coverage wise, he has all the tools to be one of the better CBs in the league but this year he has been getting beat. He's one of those guys who has good positioning but still gets beat. Never seemed like Grudens staff was in love with him, as he was one of Reggie's last picks.  Maybe a change of scenery will do him well. Talent isnt the issue 

How bad is the Raiders FO that they got abused by a team without a GM that overpaid drastically several times this past off-season?

It’s good for both sides. Conley has been awful this year, but he truly has CB1 upside. Something is off this year. I’ll miss him, but a top 100 pick isn’t bad compensation.