Texans acquire Gareon Conley

BayRaider

10 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Texans handing out their draft ala Ditka. Not sure about this trade. 

If they play man coverage it should be an ok trade for them.  He was terrible for us, but Texans have a lot more talent overall on D so he won’t get exposed the same way that he did with us.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Been dissatisfied with him so far this year. He flat out sucks at tackling and will probably never be good or willing in that area, which is unfortunate because he has nice size.

Coverage wise, he has all the tools to be one of the better CBs in the league but this year he has been getting beat. He's one of those guys who has good positioning but still gets beat. Never seemed like Grudens staff was in love with him, as he was one of Reggie's last picks.  Maybe a change of scenery will do him well. Talent isnt the issue 

I'm not commenting on if Conley will be a lockdown corner or not but what I will say is that it is hard to judge a CB when he is on a team with zero pass rush. 

Trying to run around and cover NFL WR's for over 5 seconds per play is not a good way to assess how good a CB is.  I figured he was one of our young, key pieces for the move to LV.  I hope this trade/ pick was made bc we are going to acquire a young proven stud and use that acquired pick in the deal.  

17 minutes ago, N4L said:

raiders fans are delusional if they think they are getting von miller 

raiders fans are also delusional if they think they just traded away a 'potential top 10 cb' lol 

You must be delusional if you think us wanting Von means we think we are getting him.  No, Gareon is not a top 10 potential CB(yes, 1 guy mentioned that), but he does have potential to be a decent player.

I'm not here to bash the trade I wish we could've gotten a 2rd pick but Gareon is bum juice .He had about 4 good games out of 3 years .I really believe he's out of shape just watch some of his tape he looks like he drunk coming off a hangover. Marcus Peters just went for a 5th round pick so I will take that 3rd and eat it .Do wish him well thought just cause it didn't work out in Oakland doesn't mean it wouldn't in Houston

Edited by BABPITT